The **Now Drinking** Thread

Soldato
Just cracked open a bottle of Bud while I do some typing :D

But that's not from Belgium :p

Damn you lot! See what you've started now...

20120811135648682.jpg

:D

And this has me doing a jealous face! :mad: (can't find it back over here)

Caporegime
Tennent's. Obvs.
Same here, yet a friend from glasgow says to me that he doesnt know how anyone can drink it. It's an incredibly popular beer over here.

Ive also taken a liking to another scottish beer, caledonian smooth. Theyve been trialling it in one of my locals lately. Very nice stuff, bit like caffreys irish ale.

Soldato
Tennent's is very popular in Glasgow. It's not amazing, but it's a perfectly adequate mass produced lager. I was pleased to see Tennent's in Belfast when I was there, and took great enjoyment in claiming to my Irish friend that the stuff in Scotland is MUCH better. ;)

I've never once seen, or heard of, Caledonian Smooth. :confused: Maybe an Irish only thing, or more popular in Edinburgh?

Caporegime
Yeah, ive drunk tennents for years, pretty comparable to harp lager which is also a mass produced one over here.

The caledonian smooth, it must be fairly new on the market as ive only seen it in two bars, my local being one. The owner got a couple of kegs to try it out. Trial price of £2.50 a pint, that has also helped to shift it pretty quickly. But it's a very nice beer as well. Im hoping he decides to stock it on a regular basis.

Can't type for toffee
Don
Thatchers Katy is deffo one of my faves like.

Last night was a few random american beers I found in sainsburys (suprisingly), wasnt impressed at all :(

Cracked open a bottle of that BAcardi spiced stuff too, that was ok.
Knew I shouldve just got a half bottle of Juraa lol

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Had a selection of ciders yesterday. The aforementioned Thatchers Katy, Thatchers 2011 vintage, Westons Old Rosie Scrumpy and Westons Wyld Wood. All of them very nice indeed. After that, I had a very tasty bottle of Rioja with my steak. Finished off the evening with a delicious glass of Graham's Crusted Port - yummy.

Just having a sneaky glass of Sauvignon Blanc before heading off to The Steamboat with Von Smallhausen. Cracking name for a pub and one of the best real ale pubs in the North East. Sadly, we'll only be there for a couple before heading to The Mariner to meet the rest of the 'lads' - they only serve slops in The Mariner. If I'm lucky, they'll have a couple of bottles of Old Peculiar that aren't in the fridge.

Back
Top Bottom