The **Now Drinking** Thread

Caporegime
Budvar Dark. Nom nom nom. Got a Budvar normal as well. £1.25 in Tesco. Duvel was also £1.25. Bargaintastic!

You would be proud... about to lift some Innis & Gunn on offer in Asda, but lifted Leffe blonde 4 pack instead :D

Still drinking my Irish entry :D

20120925194129483.jpg

:D

Soldato
I'm intrigued. YOu wouldn't post that picture unless you knew that no one else could get it.

Makes me think it's years old?

Edit - Ha. I knew the signature but only just realised after the 4th look or so that it had the harp on it as well! My google'ing suggests this is a pre 2005 beer?! Surely not.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'm intrigued. YOu wouldn't post that picture unless you knew that no one else could get it.

Makes me think it's years old?

Edit - Ha. I knew the signature but only just realised after the 4th look or so that it had the harp on it as well! My google'ing suggests this is a pre 2005 beer?! Surely not.

lol nope it's anything but old ;) Oh and it's rather nice too :D

Soldato
Finishing off the Duvel. Enjoying it much more tonight, last night I had the last bottle of Sierra Nevada PA first and the Duvels after that didn't go down to well...

I need to find a decent "low calorie" beer.... or cider, pilsner, lager or something!

Soldato
Out of interest, what number of calories would you consider 'low calorie'?

Well basically now I've passed 40 and weight is dangerously close to passing fat b'd by a long way, I'm open to any alternatives to stopping the drink altogether. Especially as falling off the wagon is something I have multiple gold medals in :D Actually getting of my fat arse to exercise is another matter altogether!

Soldato
Hah. Ah, it was a tongue in cheek comment rather than a serious thing!

I understand your point, as I am also getting quite 'portly' (I am only 23 though! :o). Trouble is, beer et al is so tasty! I guess you just need to find exercise you enjoy. Weight lifting pint glasses is my exercise of choice. ;)

Soldato

I understand your point, as I am also getting quite 'portly' (I am only 23 though! :o). Trouble is, beer et al is so tasty! I guess you just need to find exercise you enjoy. Weight lifting pint glasses is my exercise of choice. ;)

Ah you'll be fine for a while yet, although it was just shy of your age when I got injured playing football, unfortunately it coincided with the start of all day opening in pubs... The rest as they say is history! :D

The biggest problem I have is finding time for exercise in between work and family. Basically early mornings is where it'll need to slot in, but getting up before 6am for that is another stumbling block!

Caporegime
Well basically now I've passed 40 and weight is dangerously close to passing fat b'd by a long way, I'm open to any alternatives to stopping the drink altogether. Especially as falling off the wagon is something I have multiple gold medals in :D Actually getting of my fat arse to exercise is another matter altogether!

As the auld lad here.... get walking :) best thing you will ever do, though make sure it has a bit of pace about it.

Back
Top Bottom