The **Now Drinking** Thread

Soldato
Bad head for me tomorrow

IMG_20120930_001417.jpg

Soldato
Duvel for me.

Now having a Twaites Triple C. The C is for Cascade, a type of hop and this beer has been triple hopped. It's actually surprisingly good (though I have chilled it a bit too much). Obviously, it's an English ale so whilst they've added hops three times they haven't added a great deal of them for my tastes but as a light, hoppy, beer it's pretty good. And very moreish. I'd happily buy this again. It's from Morrisons and around £1.60 a bottle (500ml).

Some poor beers in this thread tonight. Time for a much welcome and appreciated bottle of Duvel.

So very true Lysander.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I've been drinking them since I was 16 Stan! Truly great drinks.

I wish I'd discovered them earlier. I can't help feeling I've been missing out. Never mind, at least now I can afford good ingredients and can enjoy them properly. If I'd been drinking them in my boozy days, I would probably have spoiled it by drinking too many made with cheap ingredients - at least now, in my 'drinking for pleasure rather than drinking to get drunk' time of life, I can savour the deliciousness.

Soldato
Make sure that you pour the beer into a glass Chri5, it really does improve the drink.

Guinness for me (out of a can. :()

They had Punk IPA and 5am Saint on draught, so tried both. Enjoyed both, the IPA was very floral. Got talking to one of the staff before leaving and he said they will have Deal Pony Club on next (to replace the IPA) - he spoke very highly of it.

Seperated them with a pint of Merlin Gold which went down a treat as well.

Happy days :cool:

Caporegime
They had Punk IPA and 5am Saint on draught, so tried both. Enjoyed both, the IPA was very floral. Got talking to one of the staff before leaving and he said they will have Deal Pony Club on next (to replace the IPA) - he spoke very highly of it.

Seperated them with a pint of Merlin Gold which went down a treat as well.

Happy days :cool:

Chris why you no signed up in the OcUK beers of the world comp.? tut tut

...my last sip of Leffe :(

Back
Top Bottom