The **Now Drinking** Thread

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Thoroughly enjoyed my Martinis (had several). Tried a gin fizz but wasn't too impressed - was a little bland. Had a bottle of Kimbao Black Label Carmenere 2011 with my steak - damn nice bottle of wine. Another nice wine from Naked Wines - haven't had a bad bottle from them yet. Chilling out now with a family sized glass of Talisker 10yo. Looks like I'll be going to the dentist tomorrow with a hangover :o

Soldato
Had a crack at a couple of cocktails over the weekend (not technically drinking now but...)

Bellini - With the normal Proseco and peach puree, but added a sprig of thyme and a couple of granules of maldon salt. Went down quite well with the family on a Saturday night.

Shakey Pete's Ginger Brew - a staple of any trip to Hawksmoor, this is a cross between a shandy and ginger beer. Homemade ginger syrup (peeled and diced ginger, boiled up with some caster suger, then cooled and sieved), lemon juice, a measure of gin over crushed ice... topped up with London Pride. Really very easy to make, and were unbelievable - a real pick-me-up.

I went a bit over board on the gin as I wasn't convinced it would be strong enough... cue a five person family sitting down for Sunday roast completely hammered :D

Soldato
Orange squash. I'm not very well. (And for once, it's not self inflicted!)

They had Punk IPA and 5am Saint on draught, so tried both. Enjoyed both, the IPA was very floral. Got talking to one of the staff before leaving and he said they will have Deal Pony Club on next (to replace the IPA) - he spoke very highly of it.

Seperated them with a pint of Merlin Gold which went down a treat as well.

Happy days :cool:

The IPA is a very good beer. The 5am is also pretty good but sometimes I'm just not in the mood for it. It's Dead Pony Club, rather than Deal. It's not bad, not amazing (and I think the IPA is better), but worth having a pint of.

Soldato
Best to put this in here.

Stone have delivered to the UK. It only happens twice or so a year, so go and stock up if you can find a local stockist. Truly awesome beers.

Associate
Best to put this in here.

Stone have delivered to the UK. It only happens twice or so a year, so go and stock up if you can find a local stockist. Truly awesome beers.

Thanks for the tip. All I need now is for Left Hand to deliver their Warrior IPA..........to Netto preferably, thinking some sort of £5 for 3 type offer.

Back
Top Bottom