The **Now Drinking** Thread

Soldato
The imported bottle of Sapporo that I had wasn't actually that bad. Refreshing, run of the mill, lager. Not much too it but it wasn't bad.

Having a pint of cider.

Soldato
DJ, when pouring a can of Guinness from a can (either widget'ed or not) into a glass; should I 3/4 pour, let settle and then fill up (as you would if it was draught in a pub - I've got a certificate in that!) or do you just throw it all in in one go? It's been bothering me for some time.

Having a can of Murphy's right now, discovered it hiding behind a packet of Creme Caramels. I don't think it matters how this is poured, it'll always be horrible. ;)

Caporegime
DJ, when pouring a can of Guinness from a can (either widget'ed or not) into a glass; should I 3/4 pour, let settle and then fill up (as you would if it was draught in a pub - I've got a certificate in that!) or do you just throw it all in in one go? It's been bothering me for some time.

Having a can of Murphy's right now, discovered it hiding behind a packet of Creme Caramels. I don't think it matters how this is poured, it'll always be horrible. ;)

With a draught can I tend to pour it all in one go, unless I've been a tad eager and have to dribble in the last taste ;)

Soldato
Blackcurrant Lemsip Max :(

Am in that very first day of a cold where you feel all achey and your head feels like it's full of cotton wool. Some days I hate being a teacher. I fear tomorrow will be one. I wish I had an office job where I could just sit and quietly feel rubbish. But instead I must perform for 29 children :) (oh, except for in Maths. I have to entertain 35 children then.)

Last edited:
Soldato
The strongest beer award is back in Scotland after Brewdog lost it to ze Germans.
However, it's not back with Brewdog! Instead it's been claimed by a tiny (they brew in a shed) brewery called 'Brewmeister'. They've produced a 65% brew called 'Armageddon'. It's made in the same way Brewdog (and any other super high strength beer is made) do theirs, by freezing the brew to extract unnecessary water.
Anyone fancy it? £40 for a 330ml bottle.

http://www.brewmeister.co.uk/#/shop/4567737660/Brewmeister-Armageddon/3232040

And it seems to be the day for crazy beer news. How about a beer with bull testicles in it?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/stacylambe/beer-made-with-bull-testicles
Yum!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Ooh anyone say Brewdog...

20121008173048816.jpg

:)

Soldato
Good selection there DJ (Well, the 3 that I've had!). Never heard of Eight Degrees, any good? Glad to see you've moved away from horrible I&G ;).

Just having a Tennent's. My fridge is chock full of awesome beer (Kernel, Camden, Brewdog, Duvel, Sierra Nevada), and I have a corner in my living room full of Stone and random Belgian stuff. But, I just can't bring myself to drink any of it! Especially the Stone. I wish that I had bought more. :(

Soldato
Finished that paragraph by saying "to be sure, to be sure" outloud. :p

Just emailed Sierra Nevada asking if there is anyway I can get hold of more of their beers over here. Gave my address, now to wait beside my letter box. :D

Caporegime
Finished that paragraph by saying "to be sure, to be sure" outloud. :p

Just emailed Sierra Nevada asking if there is anyway I can get hold of more of their beers over here. Gave my address, now to wait beside my letter box. :D

Har har... :p

20121008193047471.jpg

20121008193223844.jpg

... another excellent beer :) I've actually emailed them tonight (plenty of time with thanks to BT Infinity screwing up OcUK forums!) to tell them such :)

Back
Top Bottom