The **Now Drinking** Thread

Soldato
Hi all, first post here, first of many hopefully.

Not a regular drinker due to permanent pain LEDs for spinal injury, but will often take a break from them and enjoy a drop, usually wine, lager or rum, but anything that takes me and the Mrs' fancy.

Currently enjoying a bottle of Mount Gay Extra Old (The original cork-top, not the younger screw) - highly recommended if you enjoy gold rum and certainly worth a punt if you don't. I mix mine with full-fat Coke, 3 lumps of ice and a wedge of lime- perfick.

Cheers!

Soldato
Hi all, first post here, first of many hopefully.

Not a regular drinker due to permanent pain LEDs for spinal injury,Cheers!

ermmmm its not what alcohol your drinkin thread its literally what are YOU DRINKING RIGHT NOW!:mad::p:D

Well I am drinking a nice french coffee.

Also DIRTYJESTERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!:p:D UBU is sublime its fantastic drink we get it from Sainsburys but our local seems out at present, Tesco by us do stock so try a Tesco or Sainsburys.

Caporegime
Marques-Alarcon. It's alright, for a tempranillo...

...aaah I know you, you live in my world ;)

...another Guinness but soon for trying this weeks entry

EDIT: Change of plan...

20121229182326014.jpg

:)

Last edited:
Soldato
Hello beer drinkers!

I'm after some advice. As you all know I'm a bit of a cider head and don't really like beer... Though to be honest, I've had very few 'real' beer before and drank lager when I was very young which I never liked. I'd like to try some different ales/beers to see what I'm missing out on. So what can you recommend?

I picked up a 4 pack of Badger ales today in Waitrose that was offer, which contains England's Own, Blandford Flyer, Poacher's Choice and another one I can't remember.

I'm currently drinking the England's Own which is a nice golden colour and taste fairly sweet with floral and fruit notes on the nose and palatte. I'm still not sure if I like it though!!

Soldato
For health reasons, I stopped eating any Gluten containing ingredients but LOVE ale (lager not so much but get a craving for one every so often)

Most gluten-free things taste VILE and you're better off avoiding them but I'm so happy with beer this is not the case.

Don't get me wrong, they don't all taste great but I've found one in particular which tastes fantastic, better than many gluten containing beers.

The brand is Daas Ambre and they do a amber and blonde beer. Please see below for a picture and a review - shame they are £41 for 18.

I was looking to buy a nice tankard - anyone have any suggestions? These seem very cheap - http://www.drinkstuff.com/products/...ame=The+Great+British+Dimple+Mug+20oz+/+568ml

Edit - How epic is this!? - http://buyatankard.com/1-pint-viking-horn-tankard
10xvct5.jpg

http://anniesupperclub.blogspot.co.uk/2011/10/daas-gluten-free-beers.html

Last edited:
Soldato
Hello beer drinkers!

I'm after some advice. As you all know I'm a bit of a cider head and don't really like beer... Though to be honest, I've had very few 'real' beer before and drank lager when I was very young which I never liked. I'd like to try some different ales/beers to see what I'm missing out on. So what can you recommend?

I picked up a 4 pack of Badger ales today in Waitrose that was offer, which contains England's Own, Blandford Flyer, Poacher's Choice and another one I can't remember.

I'm currently drinking the England's Own which is a nice golden colour and taste fairly sweet with floral and fruit notes on the nose and palatte. I'm still not sure if I like it though!!

I feel this is my domain. But Justin, what are you after. Give us some flavours and we can suggest beers. There are so many beers out there each with their own flavour profile that it's pointless just listing off beers we like (though you can't go wrong with Sierra Nevada, Odell or Stone). Do you want bitter, floral, alcohol, oak, spice, yadda yadda. Where are you going to be buying from?

Soldato
I'll probably be looking at supermarkets, do weekly shopping at Waitrose but others are nearby if necessary.

Well last night I tried the England's Own which was just ok, the Blandford Flyer which was sweet and spicy which I quite liked and the Poacher's Choice (ruby colour, damson and liqurice flavours) which I really didn't like, I couldn't finish it!

So I would say no to bitter, yes to sweet, floral and spice if that's any help.

Note these were drank on their own with no food pairings.

Caporegime
If you fancy a sweet taste, then try some Scottish beer by Innis & Gunn. Look for the red label version marked 'Original', it's under £2 per bottle (aprox £1.89 but can be bought on offer £3 for two) 330ml. Hints of vanilla and toffee should be right up your street J1234 :)

Back
Top Bottom