The **Now Drinking** Thread

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Hi Stan, I picked it up at my local beer shop which might be a bit of a trip for you mate :)

Not necessarily my friend. Are you free this weekend?

The flight to Belfast isn't hugely expensive and I've been nowhere this time home so, a weekend in "Norn Iron" might well cheer me up somewhat.

If you're free and up for a bit of cultural exchange, I'm game :D

Caporegime
Not necessarily my friend. Are you free this weekend?

The flight to Belfast isn't hugely expensive and I've been nowhere this time home so, a weekend in "Norn Iron" might well cheer me up somewhat.

If you're free and up for a bit of cultural exchange, I'm game :D

Stan you picked a bad time to spring this one matey. I'm coming into my weekend runs of working and wouldn't be free until Sunday. If you fancy making a trip over sometime later gimme a shout and I'll try and get you a run up to the Bushmills Distillery ;)

Coffee, been drinking it all day in work while trying to stay awake through a safety training brief... good to be home :)

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Stan you picked a bad time to spring this one matey. I'm coming into my weekend runs of working and wouldn't be free until Sunday. If you fancy making a trip over sometime later gimme a shout and I'll try and get you a run up to the Bushmills Distillery ;)

Coffee, been drinking it all day in work while trying to stay awake through a safety training brief... good to be home :)

Probably for the best. I'm off to work next Tuesday anyway. Definitely look into it later in the year though, I fancy another trip over :) I went to the distillery a couple of years ago when I was on holiday (although another trip wouldn't go amiss - so I can pick up a bottle or two of the special 12yo).

Currently drinking Earl Grey tea with a slice of M&S lemon drizzle traybake :cool:

I've got in some Belgian beers, in remembrence of my weekend there in December, for the footie tonight. Will be starting with Hoegarden with my curry followed by Leffe Blonde, then Leffe Brun and topping it all off with a couple of bottles of Duvel :D

Caporegime
Probably for the best. I'm off to work next Tuesday anyway. Definitely look into it later in the year though, I fancy another trip over :) I went to the distillery a couple of years ago when I was on holiday (although another trip wouldn't go amiss - so I can pick up a bottle or two of the special 12yo).

Currently drinking Earl Grey tea with a slice of M&S lemon drizzle traybake :cool:

I've got in some Belgian beers, in remembrence of my weekend there in December, for the footie tonight. Will be starting with Hoegarden with my curry followed by Leffe Blonde, then Leffe Brun and topping it all off with a couple of bottles of Duvel :D

For sure gimme a shout when you are thinking of coming and we can get something sorted mate, that and a bit of discount doesn't go a miss :)

Oh and if you hear anyone banging your front door later it will be Ahleckz when he sees your beer selection :D

Last edited:
Soldato
DSC_4678_zps19931ba5.jpg

Saw these in Lidl for 99p so picked a few up. Not bad but I prefer stronger ale.

Soldato
Mallinsons Amarillo.

beertuesdaynight.jpg

Just single hopped with Amarillo. A great showcase of the beer. I've got it far too cold but it's still very nice.

It's very much needed. Started work at half 8 this morning, finished at half 8 tonight and had a 15 minute break. Ho hum! Absolutely beasting my target.

Last edited:
Soldato
A bearably passable mix of martini rosso, bitters and lemonade.

How are you getting on with your whisky Matty?

Tried any new ones yet?

It's very much needed. Started work at half 8 this morning, finished at half 8 tonight and had a 15 minute break. Ho hum! Absolutely beasting my target.

Good to hear you're doing well and enjoying the new job Ahleckz :)

On topic I'm just about to start my 4th John Smiths of the night - this is my Fri night (shift work sucks :()

Soldato
How are you getting on with your whisky Matty?

Tried any new ones yet?

Still have 3 unopened bottles, although 2 are bourbons. I tried a few samplers with my friend, I am more a light and fruity type than the dark peaty types I have found, so that is good to know.

I have a taste for straight vodka at the moment, I go through phases. I need to let this one pass then I can enjoy my whiskeys.

Soldato
Still have 3 unopened bottles, although 2 are bourbons. I tried a few samplers with my friend, I am more a light and fruity type than the dark peaty types I have found, so that is good to know.

I have a taste for straight vodka at the moment, I go through phases. I need to let this one pass then I can enjoy my whiskeys.

Lol - fair enough. My wife is the same and she currently has a taste for Smirnoff Expresso Vodka which we picked up duty free last time we were abroad ;)

I'm hoping to make a few more whisky purchases in March in particular the Glenrothes Select Reserve has caught my eye after I tried a sample early one morning at Manchester airports duty free. We're away on a short break to Inverrary in March and I'm thinking the hotel bill will be the least of my worries :p

Back
Top Bottom