The **Now Drinking** Thread

Associate
On to my first ever Kernel.

IMG_1819.jpg

Soldato
Starting the night of with this; Mikkeller 1000 IBU

[IMGhttp://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy274/pmoody41/IMG_1806.jpg[/IMG]

What did you think? I've sampled his 1000 IBU and frankly it's bloody stupid. That sums up Mikkeller pretty well. He makes some pretty interesting stuff, but so he makes so much nonsense that is produced just because he can. I mean, a thousand IBU IPA. Get a grip. You can't drink it, you can't enjoy it. It's intriguing as a brewing experiment but nothing more. Get a grip.

Ho hum!

Associate
What did you think? I've sampled his 1000 IBU and frankly it's bloody stupid. That sums up Mikkeller pretty well. He makes some pretty interesting stuff, but so he makes so much nonsense that is produced just because he can. I mean, a thousand IBU IPA. Get a grip. You can't drink it, you can't enjoy it. It's intriguing as a brewing experiment but nothing more. Get a grip.

Ho hum!

Thought it tasted great personally and really enjoyed it. Which version of the 1000 did you try? I've heard the Ultra is bitter as hell and destroys any taste. This was tasty as hell thou and very enjoyable.

About to have this now and I hope it tastes better then it smells. Cos it smells rancid like rotten veg.

IMG_1825.jpg

Soldato
Really nice. Best part of it is the after taste that stays in your mouth, superb.

Yeah the after taste is really good! Sort of encourages the drinker to savour it with some slow drinking... Had to keep a few in the cupboard for a few weeks as I can't get enough of them and shouldn't have them every week/when ever I want one!

Associate
Well that Brewdog was not very nice. I don't know whether I got a bad batch but it smelt and tasted awful. Didn't finish it off. :(

Now got a To Øl Baltic Frontier to finish the night off. And this is a nice mild IPA with hints of berries. Such a nice beer to end a night with. :)

IMG_1830.jpg

Back
Top Bottom