The **Now Drinking** Thread

Soldato
c2l9.jpg

Apricot beer. Lovely fruity stuff. The bottle didn't quite fill the pint glass, so topped it off with some lemonade :)

Associate
Got a package today so had to try a few of the contents;

Brewdog - My Name is Matte Marit - Not bad but I prefer Ingrid instead. I did buy 12 bottles of it thou hoping it'd be similar to Ingrid.

Mikkeller - Single Hop Nelson Sauvin - Yep just as amazing as last time. Glad I stocked up on it as well.

Stone - IPA - Still have a few bottles of this from my previous large order. Still going down a treat can understand why this is rated so highly.

So two amazing beers and one good one.

Soldato
Tennent's.

Sierra Nevada Torpedo is on draft at a bar in Glasgow atm. Raging that I can't go tonight but will be dragging the girlfriend in tomorrow. She won't be told where we're going though! :o She's getting a bit fed up of going to out of the way bars just because I want an obscure beer.

Soldato
Tennent's.

Sierra Nevada Torpedo is on draft at a bar in Glasgow atm. Raging that I can't go tonight but will be dragging the girlfriend in tomorrow. She won't be told where we're going though! :o She's getting a bit fed up of going to out of the way bars just because I want an obscure beer.

Women huh - they just don't understand us do they? :p

On topic - just me and John Smith here tonight :cool:

Soldato
I've been slacking with my job as OcUKs best beer drinker. I'm currently fixing that.

Half pint of Stone IPA.
Half pint of Odell IPA.
Half pint of Flying Dog Easy IPA.
Pint of William Bros Joker IPA.

This pub knows good beer! It's sheeting it down so I may be here a while...

Caporegime
I've been slacking with my job as OcUKs best beer drinker. I'm currently fixing that.

Half pint of Stone IPA.
Half pint of Odell IPA.
Pint of William Bros Joker IPA.

This pub knows good beer! It's sheeting it down so I may be here a while...

William Bros Joker IPA, I liked that one myself :)

I've a surprise beer for later ;)

For now...

gwi5.jpg

..nope, it's Harp in there :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Red Stripe is alright actually. I'll often drink that if I'm out and about and fancy a lager.

Now working through the Cromarty range with an AKA IPA. Not terrific, but not bad. Just found Jenga in the pub. It's on!

Looking forward to seeing the surprise. I almost entered a VERY rare beer the other day but it didn't apply. Hah.

Caporegime
Red Stripe is alright actually. I'll often drink that if I'm out and about and fancy a lager.

Now working through the Cromarty range with an AKA IPA. Not terrific, but not bad. Just found Jenga in the pub. It's on!

Looking forward to seeing the surprise. I almost entered a VERY rare beer the other day but it didn't apply. Hah.

Ahleckz, did you ever get around to drinking your Guinness Generous Ale I sent you ages ago? The special edition, American only.

Yes mate, the Red Stripe is dead on :)

Soldato
Trying out another localy brewed beer.

MNo3xtql.png.jpg MVIL4r5l.png.jpg

They weren't wrong about the sediment, noticed it when I pored it out. Unfortunately had to put the bottle horizontal in the fridge. I would agree with their taste though. Is quite strong and malty but with the lightness (in taste and colour) of a larger. Not quite as smooth as other beers but not too bad.

Last edited:
Associate
D9IS5yBl.jpg.png

Saw this for 3 for £5 in Morrisons, Seeing as I recently moved to England I thought I'd give some beers I haven't seen before a go. This was the first to catch my eye, would recognize Eddie anywhere

Didn't go for the 3 as it was a new one to me, but I wish I had. Would definitely have it again.

Soldato
Half pint of Stone IPA.
Half pint of Odell IPA.

Seriously? :confused:

Saw this for 3 for £5 in Morrisons, Seeing as I recently moved to England I thought I'd give some beers I haven't seen before a go. This was the first to catch my eye, would recognize Eddie anywhere

Didn't go for the 3 as it was a new one to me, but I wish I had. Would definitely have it again.

Tbh I wasn't that impressed with The Trooper - it wasn't bad it just wasn't as good as I had hoped. :(

On topic:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom