The **Now Drinking** Thread

Soldato
Fartnum (sorry, I can never resist) and Mason Countess Grey loose leaf in a big teapot. Marvellous.

tea.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Coming down with the worst case of manthrax ever recorded so didn't go to the pub to watch the game. Compromised with a Love & Hate (Vocation Brewery 440ml can, 7.2%) at home, which are currently on offer at £2 a can (down from £3) at my local Tesco.

New England pale ale. Pours like amber milk, extremely hazy. Very hop forward and really hides the strength. Delicious.

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/301839786

Edit: hides manthrax symptoms too.

Last edited:
Soldato
Assorted "Adnams for M&S" craft-ish beers, 330ml cans. Currently reduced to 40p a throw and "4 for the price of 3". I walked out with 12 cans which cost me a total of £3.60.

Only sampled one so-far - the "Earl Grey" one - and whilst it's not very hoppy, it's decent enough. Hopefully the other two will be better (one's a grapefruit thing (IPA?), can't remember what the other one is).

Edit:
Just opened a Grapefruit IPA. There's a hint of hops but it's not going to set the world alight. A bit muddy on the palate, a bit yeasty. Still, for 40p a can I'm not complaining.

Edit2:
The third beer is Blood Orange wheat beer. Of the three, I think this is the one I'd go back for, despite my usual preference for pale ales and IPA's. Very nice. Merry Christmas! :)

Last edited:
Soldato
77 by Heavy Industry, dans la pub. Marvellous.

Edit: and Chocolate Orange Stout by Conwy Brewery. That was a couple of hours well spent. Fantastic beers.

Last edited:
Soldato
Those glasses .... Just why? :confused::p

Not quite drinking yet but already looking forward to a lovely pint or two of Jail Ale by Dartmoor Brewery at my local after work.

Its quite nice to hold and drink from tho every time wife has a sip she always tips it to high and it runs out the sides down her neck :p

Soldato
WTF have they done to Hobgoblin Gold?

Last time I had one (~5mnths ago) it was mildly hopped with something pleasantly west coast, like cascade or similar. Nothing major but it was there in the background.

Picked some up this evening and they've ramped up the IBU's and swapped the hops out for something trad. It now tastes just like an over-bittered English pale ale. :confused:

Ho-hum, I'll struggle through. :)

Back
Top Bottom