The **Now Drinking** Thread

Soldato
sK4lQJ.jpg

Pumpkin spice latte Frappuccino. Love it!!!

Soldato
Opened and poured two small shots for my father in law any myself of this: Aguardente Vinica XO (Egenhos de Notre, Madeira).

Tinta Negra grape from Madiera aged in oak casks for 9 years, 55.9% abv cask strength.

Aside from the rocket fuel when neat, it’s got a Cognac taste with oak mid kick which is better when sipped and held in the mouth.

Soldato
I haven't managed to as of yet, but it's still on for my next night out (there's a works do next Friday).

Any recommendations for mixes to try at home, to see if I like anything?

Plain tonics, likes of Schweppes' Indian tonic if you're using a flavoured spirit, or a flavoured tonic for stuff like vodka (for me). :)

Soldato
Lagunitas IPA.

And very nice it is too. :)

Edit: Snuck a couple of Tiny Rebels in too: Cwtch and Beat Box. Also very nice.

Last edited:
Soldato
Omnipollo Pecan Mud Cake - I've been waiting to try this one for a while and it certainly lives up to expectations.

As an aside I was in Waitrose earlier and noticed they have started selling geueze and fruit lambic, its only Boon but good to see the range of decent beer in supermarkets its ever expanding.

Soldato
UYGctdl.jpg

Raspberry Blitz. Found in Tesco's Alcohol Free section.

Not awful as alcohol free beers go. But not great. It tastes like that last glass of squash, when there's not quite enough concentrate left in the bottle. Definitely not worth £4 for 4 cans.

Soldato
Empress Grey.

Beer. Gin. Lots of gin.

Gin isn't my usual tipple but I was invited to some friend's gaff for the evening so was at the mercy of their drinks cabinet (and measures). I've no idea how much I drank but by Christ I haven't had a hangover that bad for decades. No more gin for Yadda, no siree. :(

Back
Top Bottom