The **Now Drinking** Thread

Soldato
I have a Belgium beer pub near me and they serve a candied beer called Kwak which is served in a wooden holder like that. You have to give one of your shoes as a deposit - presumably to stop you stealing or breaking it?

I was drinking kwak about an hour before that pic they didn't ask for a deposit lol . I have the glass and stand at home

Noel was a nice dark Winter beer not to bitter , Wife loves Averbode

1SsWNMg.jpg

Soldato
I have a Belgium beer pub near me and they serve a candied beer called Kwak which is served in a wooden holder like that. You have to give one of your shoes as a deposit - presumably to stop you stealing or breaking it?

There was a place in Manchester like that, i remember they had a pile of cheap crocs behind the bar to hand out as an exchange!

Soldato
I bought a few cans of wife beater for the first time in about a year yesterday. I went to bed at a normal time last night but woke up around 3am and was violently sick. Clearly my body is saying no more... I only had 3. :eek:

Soldato
Having a Shipyard IPA.
I'm fairly fond of that one; a little on the lighter-side and not too overly hoppy.

What causes certain glasses (proper beer glasses) to suddenly start making the beer flat? Is it to do with how they're washed?

Standard pint glasses (wider rim tapers to a narrower base) allow quicker evaporation and more air to reach more surface every time the glass is tilted. Good glasses will either be bowl-shaped (like a wine glass), or more of an hourglass. Some good flutes are nice, also, as they are usually smaller so consumed more quickly.

Then there's the "laser etched" glasses that are hourglass-shaped, but have little divots at the bottom that cause carbonation to congeal and release throughout the life of the drink. I believe Sam Adams' brewing company invented that.

edit: below is just my opinion. Other tastes vary, of course. :)

Good for lagers and lighter brews:
hZ3IFvL.png

Good for wheat-beers and pale ales:
0ywVWGJ.png

Good for heavier brews (Scotch, porters):
bXv6B5r.png

Good only for quickly drinking any beer, or for nitrogenated (not carbonated) beer:
Y0pyF3q.png

Good for pretty-much everything. The laser-etched one I spoke of:
tb1Aw74.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom