The **Now Drinking** Thread

Soldato
Bishop's Finger. A nice standard these days, after a rather tasty haddock chowder made by myself.

Can't go wrong with it, an awesome IPA.

@Ahleckz - I am a big fan of Remy Martin VSOP. Did the mint sour work OK?

It was actually very good, I usually make sours with Scotch so this was a nice change. A bit mellower, and the hint of mint worked very well. Need to be careful with the mint, I just used a teaspoon of dried mint as an experiment. Wouldn't go much more than that.

Soldato
Had a Beavertown Neck Oil, a Camden Show Off Lager and a Drygate Disco Forklift Truck this evening. My 20 year old self would be ashamed of all these ridiculous craft beers, but they’re so simple and tasty. Perhaps some festive real ale is in order to bring balance to the force.

Also had a bottle of Wiston Estate NV this week. Pretty decent English sparkling wine, but I’m afraid I’m still of the opinion that UK sparkling wines don’t justify their champagne prices and are often shown up by a good cremant or Prosecco... often at a lesser price too.
https://www.wistonestate.com/buy-english-sparkling-wine/wiston-brut-nv/

Soldato
Currently (well not right now cos it's 7am) working through homebrew kit from wilco - Thirsty Devil. A rather nice ruby ale which has been maturing for a month now.

Interspersed with homebrew pear cider (lethal stuff. Drink in moderation!)

Associate
Just drank 24 bottles (just as in last few weeks) of March of the Penguins from Scotland, whose products I normally avoid. Now looking for a double imperial stout that won't break the bank. If anyone wants to recommend...

Back
Top Bottom