The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
That is the 14oz stack burger, t'was obtained from the recently reopened handmade burger co, with denver fries (and a portion of brisket bites), washed down with 3 cans of punk'd. Very enjoyable indeed.

Man of Honour
Totally failed at fried fish tonight. Forgot the egg from the recipe and the "batter" just fell right off, then to add injury I over cooked the fish.

Damn it, I was looking forward to that all day.

Man of Honour
We've done it a few times but the butter tames down the sauce a bit too much for my liking.
Melt butter in pan, add some crushed chilli's and fresh garlic, fry for a minute or two then add Frank's. Can also add other ingredients like ginger, honey or whatever. I sometimes also add some extra hot chilli sauce as well. Frank's sauce is better as a base than a ready made sauce.

Soldato
Sir, yes Sir!! *salutes*

Lunch today at Six By Nico, trying their Best of 2017 theme, which was made up of courses from previous themes.

hy3gbD.jpg

Starting off with the snack course. Consisting of smoked haddock bon bon's, truffle & parmesan popcorn, peanut butter milkshake and sourdough bread. Not bad, but I've had better snack courses. The bon bon's were a bit hit & miss.

cgWy95.jpg

Course 1 - Chips & Cheese - Parmesan espuma with confit potato and curry oil. This was SO good! I kept some of my sourdough bread and used it so mop up the leftover sauce. Yummy!!

gTsVOR.jpg

Course 2 - Steak Pie - Speyside Beef shin, with onion sauerkraut, pickled onions, crispy onions and brioche. The beef was really well cooked. Not being a fan of onions, the other elements didn't do much for me. But I was able to eat most of it.

quqJTl.jpg

Course 3 - Mac & Cheese - Macaroni served with glazed chicken wing, charred cauliflower, cauliflower couscous and truffle. Another nice dish. The macaroni was firm and cheesy and it worked well with the chicken and the cauliflower.

nVWI3c.jpg

Course 4 - Sea Bream Taco. Served with guacamole, pickled chilli and lime & red onion salsa. This was the only dish I'd actually had before from a previous theme. As before, it was fine. Not a huge fisher eater, but sea bream is quite nice. Didn't even tough the red onion salsa though.

g0DkAJ.jpg

Course 5 - Duck - Comes with blueberries, hazelnut, wild mushroom and cocoa. Also had some kind of potato cake underneath. The duck was well cooked and overall this was a nice dish :)

0I3RKL.jpg

Course 6 - White Chocolate - The dessert course was excellent. A white chocolate parfait with passionfruit "yolk". Came with lime curd, coconut and... I honestly dunno what the nest underneath the egg was made of. It was sweet tasting though and really nice.

Soldato
^That looks immense. You win!

I went to Bone Daddies today and tried the Harissa Lamb ramen. I don't normally venture off-tonkotsu but fancied something spicy. It was pretty good, but not as spicy as I'd hoped.

Soldato
I'd love to invest in something like that, i'm very much a huge fan of cooking curries and although it's taken a long time to get 'that taste', it honestly did taste exactly like a decent restaurant's. I'd eat this stuff daily if I could hehe. Thanks by the way.

Back
Top Bottom