The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
Don't know why photos are so dark.

Found donar kebab meat in Iceland. Add some veg, mayo and sriracha. Wrap in a tortilla wrap. Nice snack.

IMG-20181123-140737073.jpg

IMG-20181123-140700040.jpg

Soldato
Looks tasty Spuj :)

PM6B6Y.jpg

I had breakfast today at Gnom in Queen's Park, Glasgow today. Discovered it via Instagram and had to go to try their breakfast bao buns. Crispy pork belly, soz glaze, gochujang ketchup and fried egg. They were excellent. Definitely going back there again to sample more of their menu :D

iwcj76.jpg

GiBach.jpg

For brunch I went to Revolution. I've been to the one in York several times, but this was my first visit to the one in Glasgow. I had their Cajun popcorn shrimp to start, followed by their smashed avocado brunch, with poached eggs and bacon. The sauce served with it had a pleasantly spicy kick. Would come back here again too :)

Soldato
@Raymond Lin if you're still in Lisbon check out a place in Principe Real called Tapisco. It's awesome. Just be prepared to queue after 7pm, but there's a window into the street where they serve you cocktails while you wait.

Caporegime
you might need crowd-funding - but remembered the hairy bikers Torte @Vienna Cafe Sacher Wien

Ha, I've heard of that place and their cake but what is stopping me is

1 - I am not really a fan of cake
2 - and it is a very expensive piece of cake
3 - service is not great

So queuing up for a piece of cake I didn't want in the first place seems weird, in the name of "i have done it". I mean I have done many things before "just because" but cake isn't normally one of them. Had it been ramen on the other hand....

Caporegime
Ha, I've heard of that place and their cake but what is stopping me is

1 - I am not really a fan of cake
2 - and it is a very expensive piece of cake
3 - service is not great

So queuing up for a piece of cake I didn't want in the first place seems weird, in the name of "i have done it". I mean I have done many things before "just because" but cake isn't normally one of them. Had it been ramen on the other hand....

Bad service is part of the Vienna cafe tradition. they all have bad service, they are supposed to.

As To the custard tarts, i attended a conference next to the Balem patisserie and ate 2-3 custard tarts a day for a week. The other part of Lisbon I liked was the 3eu mojitos

Back
Top Bottom