The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
Thanks Craig, they're delicious. Just one square is very filling :)

Corr! Yes please. You’re becoming quite the catch Merlin.

I'd make some a wonderful wife. :D

look nice .. avoiding frying calories too - they obviously look like viennese fingers ! need more off a cross-section image - bubble size

Sorry jpaul, just noticed your post. Unfortunately, the very next morning, having stored the churros in a tight sealed Tupperware type box, they went really soft. But they crisped up again in the oven. I froze another batch of them though straight after baking. Here's a cross section. I've never fried them so I don't know how different they would be to baking, but next time I'll fry just to find out. I intend to make Viennese fingers one day as I love anything to do with shortbread biscuits.

20190313-005626.jpg

Soldato
N0OBS0.jpg

Tried out a new place for breakfast today, Urban West on Great Western Road. Had their Halloumi Stack. Was toasted focaccia bread with smashed avocado, crispy bacon, halloumi cheese, poached egg and pesto. Was enjoyable. Only small niggle was the yolk in the poached egg had been cooked to the point it had gone hard. I much prefer proper runny poached eggs. Other than that though, decent dish.

QOLQnZ.jpg

1IPYQh.jpg

SJQZZM.jpg

SUvhVa.jpg

9icmUn.jpg

CrEqLq.jpg

PeDXse.jpg

YjUwAq.jpg

And lunch today at Six By Nico. Really liked this Paris theme. Enjoyed every course, particularly the snack course at the start, the beef and the dessert :)

Associate
OVdBQz2
2WcnNex
Had this the other day:

OVdBQz2.jpg

Apols for the rubbish pic..

Actually there was not a burger hidden away in that but instead a few slices of morrisons "Best" sliced beef from the deli counter on clearance (12p iiirc!), plus some honey roast ham slices that i'd fried for a bit with a little extra smoked paprika.
On top of that there were no cheese slices.. Instead there is a thick cheesy roux with a little smoked paprika (I love paprika) and garlic powder.
On top of that is a load of homemade crispy onion with a little added salt. (And a little added smoked paprika :D )
All encased in an brioche sesame burger bun from Aldi, slightly toasted.

Was very nice and actually only took about 30 mins to throw together.

Last edited:
Soldato
OVdBQz2
2WcnNex
Had this the other day:

Apols for the rubbish pic..

Actually there was not a burger hidden away in that but instead a few slices of morrisons "Best" sliced beef from the deli counter on clearance (12p iiirc!), plus some honey roast ham slices that i'd fried for a bit with a little extra smoked paprika.
On top of that there were no cheese slices.. Instead there is a thick cheesy roux with a little smoked paprika (I love paprika) and garlic powder.
On top of that is a load of homemade crispy onion with a little added salt. (And a little added smoked paprika :D )
All encased in an brioche sesame burger bun from Aldi, slightly toasted.

Was very nice and actually only took about 30 mins to throw together.

The best 'burgers' are the ones that look none appetizing in a dirty slap up sort of way imo. I'd eat that quicker than i could chew and gulp. As for Mr. Brains up there, crikey.

Soldato
68FwPD.jpg

Had breakfast today at Gnom. Wanted to try something new, so got the Hanger Steak. Comes with salsa verde, caramelised maple onions, fried egg and shaved egg yolk on sourdough toast. Was not bad, though I still much prefer their breakfast boa buns.

oYdnY2.jpg

Followed it up with a really nice chai latte and a rosemary, orange and brown butter cake. Delicious! :D

eoKoPg.jpg

Had lunch at Buck's Bar, trying the Hot **** burger, with Nashville hot sauce, iceberg, pickles and Sriracha mayo. REALLY spice, but tasty!

QpOywU.jpg

And the Nutella Waffle was freaking amazing!!!! Freshly pressed waffle with whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, raspberry sauce, banana and fresh strawberries. God tier dessert! :D

Soldato
I never thought I would see 'shaved egg yolk' on a dish :p

The burger and fries look epic though, and pudding a very nice treat as well. Is it called a Nutella waffle because it has Nutella in the waffle?

Soldato
I never thought I would see 'shaved egg yolk' on a dish :p

The burger and fries look epic though, and pudding a very nice treat as well. Is it called a Nutella waffle because it has Nutella in the waffle?

Nope. There was Nutella on top of the waffle, then the layer of sliced banana, then the cream/ice cream and the strawberry on the very top. I just forgot to write Nutella when I was listing the ingredients.

Back
Top Bottom