1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The **Now Eating** Thread

Discussion in 'La Cuisine' started by J1234, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Kainz

Capodecina

Got plastered and lost in London before stumbling across Pizza Pilgrims near London Bridge. I somehow lost the original not before Google went mental on the saturation effects with a copy. This is a double pepepeponi with two different varieties of pepperoni. They added chilli in it for a kick and it was sublime. The place had a lovely, fun atmosphere and I really did enjoy it. Think it was £14 or so...

[​IMG]

2. Marvt74

Capodecina

Looks delicious

I love the expansion of decent pizza places these days.

3. pooley

Mobster

looks burnt to me lol

4. Raikiri

Capodecina

Dinner last night was baked sweet potato, honey/rosemary sauteed carrots and a med/rare sirloin.

[​IMG]

Looks pretty much spot on for a pizza cooked in a wood oven.

5. jpaul

Capodecina

+1
    Typically cooking pizza in an electric oven, I think I often overcook the moz on a pizza and boil it (like you can ruin cheese-on-toast)... but that looks fine;

Merlin5 they had creme patisserie on the masterchef tasks yesterday ... probably the only bits of masterchef worth watching,
    I hadn't realised you put gobs of butter into it at the end.... after adding the heated cream to the roux, so I guess the yewllow colour can come from that.

6. Merlin5

Capodecina

For lunch I ate at John Lewis' restaurant called The Place To Eat' and had a beef with red wine, pancetta and rosemary pie with creamy mash and minted peas. Absolutely delicious.

[​IMG]

Right now I'm having a late dinner of mackerel, chopped green pepper, beetroot, boiled potatoes, cabbage and smashed avocado with lemon and pepper.

[​IMG]

7. Raikiri

Capodecina

Did Tonkatsu ramen.

[​IMG]

I need bigger bowls.

8. malolo

Hitman

You're talking about creme mousseline if butter is being adding, creme pat is just thick custard.

9. Merlin5

Capodecina

Sorry jpaul, I missed your message towards me. Thanks for the heads up, I'll watch that episode. Yes, some people, actually I think most people, add butter which I suppose makes it more yellow.

malolo, I'm sure you're correct. Most videos on youtube I've watched just describe making 'pastry cream' either with or without butter. So I'm guessing they (and me) didn't know the difference between creme patissiere and mousseline. I must admit I haven't heard of mousseline. Well, I say that, I thought that was a dictator.

(I'll get my coat...)

10. DrToffnar

Mobster

Looks grand mate! Had a bowl in the Tonkatsu at Selfridges Brum last weekend. Truly delicious but by god, the broth was far too rich and fatty. Yours looks considerably more tame. Gimme!

11. Merlin5

Capodecina

First time making coconut cookies/macaroons. Came out moist and chewy with a slightly crispy exterior. Dipped and drizzled with melted Bourneville. :cool:

Recipe here, I got 30 pieces out of it : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-MltW3un9I

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Kainz

Capodecina

Ok that looks amazing^ :D

13. Merlin5

Capodecina

Thanks Kainz, they were delicious. :)

I had a late'ish lunch today in a new cafe. Burger with Ilchester mature black charcoal cheese and chips. Very nice.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Rotty

Don

cooked a couple of bits tonight, dessert failed so no pics of that ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Craig1981

Capodecina

Lunch today at Six By Nico, having the Mad Hatter's Tea Party. Was really nice. A novel twist this theme was the menu was edible, printed on rice paper with edible ink. Nice little touch :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Craig1981

Capodecina

[​IMG]

First visit to Scran in over a month. This special was Moroccan spiced brisket with roast baby potatoes, butternut squash & honey purée, garlic & mint yogurt, topped with a poached egg and some pitta bread. Delicious! :)

17. Cleisthenes

Sgarrista

My girlfriends father gave me a woodcock to prep and cook the other day. I'd never prepped a bird before let alone a woodcock. Supposedly they are very sort after if you can find a place to buy them. Anyway, I roasted it and served it on toast which is traditional (although my variety not so much!) with a gravy made from the juices, offal and some stock.

Before and after pictures...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Fluke?

Wise Guy

Sure it tastes very nice at least :p

19. robfosters

Caporegime

Bird on toast is a new one for me!

20. pooley

Mobster

looks a bit grim :p