1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The **Now Eating** Thread

Discussion in 'La Cuisine' started by J1234, Apr 18, 2011.

1. jpaul

Sgarrista

it looks like you roasted the head you were only supposed to blow ... ... is that the beak ?
    why's it so dark ?

2. Raikiri

Capodecina

Staff meal I did today, was a bit slow so I had some time.

[​IMG]

Grilled chicken thighs, parsnip puree, honey garlic roast carrots and turkey jus.

3. Cleisthenes

Soldato

I thought it'd get some interesting responses :D

With woodcock you roast it whole, innards and everything. The head was on there just for show, the brain is supposedly a delicacy so the head was removed from the plate and chopped shortly after.

The gravy was likely so dark as the offal is in it and it has the juices in it. It was a first attempt so I no doubt could do it better a second time haha.

It was certainly an experience 'dealing' with it though.

4. Marvt74

Capodecina

@Craig1981

It's the Mad Hatter Tea Party menu when we head to Six by Nico.

It wasn't my favourite looking menu as i'm not a far of Mushrooms or goats cheese, but the pictures look pretty good.

5. Orifice

Man of Honour

I'm not big on goats cheese, but the goats cheese pannacotta in the tartare is really quite mild.

6. Craig1981

Capodecina

[​IMG]

Got a lift home from work and the driver suggested going to McDonalds. No arguments from me :D

Got a couple of double cheeseburgers, 3 piece chicken select with sweet curry dip and a medium Fanta. Yummy!

7. Merlin5

Capodecina

Nice one Craig. :)

I'm at Pizza Hut with a friend spending a gift token. We're having the buffet of unlimited pizza and salad and unlimited drinks. Followed by Smores choc chip cookie dough with choc sauce and ice cream. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. robfosters

Caporegime

You should have got a portion of the new Camembert cheese melts. They are bloody amazing! Can’t stop eating them.

9. bsoltan

Mobster

I went away with some friends at the weekend and we all love food and some of us love cooking it too.

Friday - I made baked salmon with dill and lemon. Steamed new potatoes and green beans. Braised fennel.
    [​IMG]

Starting Friday my friend made the beef stock for the Pho we were having on Saturday.
    [​IMG]

It cooked for about 14-16 hours and then assembled with the other ingredients.
    [​IMG]

Sunday morning is the mandatory fry up.
    [​IMG]

Sunday evening yet another friend who is awesome at pastry and pies made a slow cooked lamb pie which was divine.
    I did smoked roasted garlic mash, steamed tender-stem broccoli, and maple glazed carrots.
    [​IMG]

Saturday-Sunday I also made an apple crumble.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We also had pastries and croissants on Saturday morning. Some ham and cheese sandwiches while on a walk Saturday afternoon, and a bunch of snacks and Quality Street. :D

10. robfosters

Caporegime

What did you cook that fry up on, the sun?

11. bsoltan

Mobster

The oven was a bit lively it certain areas. As witnessed by the crumble as well. Unfortunately as the breakfast cook I picked the worst pieces for myself. :D

12. jpaul

Sgarrista

cooking in someone elses kitchen is always a challenge .
    I pre-stew the apples for a crumble, friends uwave them , one of the too few, uwave benefits, imhop; thick crumble topping - yum.

... where has Raymond Lin gone ? .... no photo for a couple of months

13. HoneyBadger

Wise Guy

Can I be your friend, please? :D

14. Marvt74

Capodecina

Spoke to him a while back over email about something and he said he was taking a break as he was spending too much time on here. Seems like he's enjoyed being away and carried that on.

15. bsoltan

Mobster

Yeah I got asked about pre-cooking the apples. To be honest with 40-60 mins in the oven I don't think it needed it but maybe I could have had it on a lower shelf or covered it for some of the time. Either way it wasn't very burnt and still tasted good.

Haha! We were actually down one due to a poorly child so had room. :D

16. HoneyBadger

Wise Guy

MrsHB bought a small waffle maker in the Black Friday deals. We’ve been experimenting with different kinds, today I tried an Eggs, Mozzerela cheese, Salt and Black Pepper x2 with a fried egg and bacon medallions in the middle.

I really enjoyed it.

[​IMG]

17. HoneyBadger

Wise Guy

Breakfast the day before too

[​IMG]

18. Craig1981

Capodecina

[​IMG]

Latest special at Scran. An open sandwich Southern fried chicken tenders, beef tomatoes, baby gem lettuce, spring onions andbacon crumb, tarragon mayo and mushroom & bacon ketchup. Was pretty decent, but not as amazing as some of the other specials they've had.

[​IMG]

Didn't really want anything heavy for lunch, so went to Revolution and got the club sandwich. Not the best I've had, but it was good enough.

19. Lokai

Capodecina

Both look good, are these Scran meals generally breakfast then?

20. Craig1981

Capodecina

They do different stuff. Its mostly in the breakfast/brunch category though. Would work for lunch too.