The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
Do they live up to the name?

I would say so, though £2.25 for a small portion is a little pricy and then another 50p for ketchup. But they do load a lot of chips into the paper cone. They're very nice and crispy with a soft inside, very moreish. Apparently they're twice fried which I think was something that Heston Blumenthal invented. If you're near one, definitely buy some!

Sui

Sui

Soldato
I would say so, though £2.25 for a small portion is a little pricy and then another 50p for ketchup. But they do load a lot of chips into the paper cone. They're very nice and crispy with a soft inside, very moreish. Apparently they're twice fried which I think was something that Heston Blumenthal invented. If you're near one, definitely buy some!

If you ever head Brighton way, head here https://befries.com/ :)

Soldato
Made shakshuka for staff food:

IMG-20200112-174950.png

Soldato
Finally back! My old service ran out and I signed up for a new deal with BT. They kept me waiting over two weeks for an engineer appointment, then the day before it was due they told me they'd messed up the order and had to redo it. Finally got it installed today!

zKBGo5.jpg

A scran weekend special around mid January. Moroccan minced lamb in a duck broth, served with spiced crispy dough balls and honey glazed pitta bread. Topped off with a fried egg. Stunning! The broth was so rich and the meat was lovely. Those doughballs too! Mmmmmm!!

MiLL8j.jpg

The same day I had lunch at Pizza Hut for the first time in aaaaaages. Went for the buffet pizza lunch, didn't bother taking any pics. I did have the s'mores cookie dough, inspired by Merlin's pic. It was nice, though honestly his looked better. Don't regret going there for lunch, but no plans to return anytime soon.

1kLTkW.jpg

This was a special at Scran for Burn's Day. Was Hornig haggis served with Irn Bru 1901 onion marmalade, French toast brioche, poached eggs, clapshot and Hollandaise sauce. Was pretty good :)

lfu8NU.jpg

And had this a week ago at a new ramen place called Ramen Ramen in Glasgow. Now that's what I call a properly made Tonkotsu ramen! They didn't charge extra for the egg too. The broth was really good :D

What do you think Ray, does it meet with your approval?

Soldato
Good to see you back @Craig1981

I finally made it to Six By Nico yesterday after having wanted to go for a long time (mostly influenced by your posts!)

The theme is "Best of 2019" so these are some of the favourite dishes from the past year.

Jamon Bombas:
TGE7xND.jpg
Butternut squash spring roll:
BOuywjG.jpg
Beef Bourguignon:
auifQK9.jpg
Paella blanco (vegetarian equivalent for Beef Bourguignon):
mfjwZyq.jpg
Sea Bass (I noticed that the chef took a photo of my plate himself before he sent it out):
vpfx2tv.jpg
Ricotta Agnolotti (vegetarian equivalent for Sea Bass):
Mb1kBHM.jpg
Penang chicken:
p4HQbZ6.jpg
Creme brulee:
0hEgHRw.jpg

Soldato
Thanks! Hope you enjoyed it. I actually decided to skip the Best of 2019 theme. Its the first theme I've not went for in quite a while. I will be going to the next one though, Alps :)

Caporegime
Food looks great. Just had a look at their website and saw the Liverpool one has got a New York theme going that looks next level epic!

What happens then. You get six courses, but can you choose between the meat and veg menus for each individual course?

Back
Top Bottom