1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The **Now Eating** Thread

Discussion in 'La Cuisine' started by J1234, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Darkpassenger

Gangster

Now they are Bhajis, Nice one!

2. Merlin5

Capodecina

Just received a new ring tin so made an italian mascarpone cake with raspberry cream.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

This is a set.

Ramen with an extra pork cutlet. Side pickles and radish. Was amazing actually!

[​IMG]

4. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

Matcha ice-cream with gold flakes.

[​IMG]

5. jpaul

Capodecina

What's the texture ? ... I'm always looking for a texture like those American angel cakes, they sell.

You didn't go for a kugelhopf pan then , following your previous 'ring' cake you made ? maybe that was lighter crumb though, due to egg whites you showed
    ... have had one in my amazon basket since the hairy bikers, made the (new to me) traditional German cake in one.
    http://cookbooksgalore1.blogspot.com/2012/06/chocolate-cake-schokogugelhupf.html

edit
    have you done some macro photography too, to show close-up texture ?
    - as I looked at image, the depth of field, is, almost, elusive - assuming it isn't photoshop/hdr enhanced.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
  6. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

It's as is from the camera except some white balance and contrast adjustments. No filters in terms of blur or focus was changed.

Close up...

[​IMG]

7. Merlin5

Capodecina

Ah, had to look up Kugelhopf. That seems to be the same pan shape I used for my coffee cake. I got it from John Lewis since I have a gift token. Just called a decorative cake tin, though it's actually a bundt tin technically. I think. https://www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-partners-professional-non-stick-decorative-cake-tin/p2739913

But this recipe said ring tin and I fancied getting one so bought this. https://postimg.cc/MMXtyWSZ/c9e88eff

Texture wise and taste wise, mine came out kind of like, hmm, madeira cake I guess? Just a nice soft sponge, not overly sweet and very tasty with the raspberry cream. But whether I've done it justice to
    the original recipe I don't know. Looking at her photos, it looks a bit different, less crust and possibly softer. https://anitalianinmykitchen.com/mascarpone-cake/

8. Marvt74

Capodecina

@rickjames They look good. I always want to like fondont potatoes, but whenever i have them in a restaurant they always seem a lot harder/firmer than i expect and it disappoints me.

9. jpaul

Capodecina

interesting .. is the chomatic aberration (I think thats the term after having returned polycarbonate glasses way back)
    down to the lense(ie a choice) - the blue edges on some of the glitter and yellow on others, I mean, or, jpeg compression ?
    ... relevance - you eat first with your eyes :)

10. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

CA, chromatic aberration is as a result of the lens. Less is better. It occurs at the contrast between white edges to other colour and they presented in either purple or green. The more white that cluster of pixel is, the higher the chance that edge will have it.

This lens isn’t too bad, I have lenses that have little to no CA. I would say this gets 8/10 in terms of CA control, 10/10 being having little to zero.

11. rickjames

Mobster

I don't know if I'm cooking them properly as I'm no amazing chef, but mine have been typically quite soft on the inside, but the egdes don't crisp up enough like they would on say, a roast potato. Still relatively easy to do though (I think)

12. Darkpassenger

Gangster

The cuisine in here is not what I was expecting, quite a high level ,I was ready to see car crashes on a plate...

13. SideWinder

Consigliere

To be honest, i want to see more car crashes. :p

14. Darkpassenger

Gangster

That's what I'm saying lol

15. TacoGalaxy

Associate

Looks nice, you know you can open the aperture up on your lens!

This may help you with your photography going forward, most of your shots have poor depth of field management:-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depth_of_field

16. bJN

Mobster

Oh boy

17. robfosters

Caporegime

Yeah, you tell him!

What does he know?

18. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

Thanks for the link, I’ve not actually read that.

is this better?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
  19. jonneymendoza

Capodecina

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG WHAT DID I JUST READ

20. Merlin5

Capodecina

Lemon Drizzle cake, Mary Berry recipe. Super soft and moist sponge with lemon zest, and a lemon juice and sugar glaze.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]