The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
1641386799058.png

Stir fry for lunch.

Caporegime
Thanks, does it look legit? :D

I mean I would have it with a bowl of rice on the side.....that's almost like the law :D, it passes. The egg is crispy on the bottom which is perfect.

I will say, if there is meat with Pak Choi or any leafy veg, the meat is usually cooked separately and then placed on top. So it sits on a bed of leafy vegetables.

If the vegetables are like peppers or cucumbers or celery, then they are fried together.

Soldato
It's a mix, minced chicken thigh with light soy, MSG, chili, lemongrass and spring onion.

Then the veg added at varying times depending on how long they take to cook, tender stem brocoli, then asparagus + spring onion then the pak choi right at the end. Sauce is a mix of soy, black vinegar, oyster sauce, sesame oil and fermented chili.

Soldato
You can't just drop something as delicious-looking as that and not give any hint of a recipe! :p

Hah, here's a rough recipe, sauce for 10-12 wings:

1 Tbsp Gochujang
1 Tsp Sesame Oil
1 Tsp Veg Oil
2 Tbsp Soy
2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
1 Tbsp Honey
1 Clove Minced Garlic
1 Tsp Chili Flakes
1 Tsp Minced Ginger
2-3 Tbsp Water

Wings are cooked in the oven, toss in a little salt, MSG and baking powder then bake for 55-60 mins @ 210c. Obviously frying them would be a lot quicker but this works alright.

Heat the sauce in a pan/wok and reduce it a bit, making sure everything is dissolved and the garlic/ginger is cooked through a little. Toss the chicken in the sauce, top with spring onion and sesame seeds.

Caporegime
Hah, here's a rough recipe, sauce for 10-12 wings:

1 Tbsp Gochujang
1 Tsp Sesame Oil
1 Tsp Veg Oil
2 Tbsp Soy
2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
1 Tbsp Honey
1 Clove Minced Garlic
1 Tsp Chili Flakes
1 Tsp Minced Ginger
2-3 Tbsp Water

Wings are cooked in the oven, toss in a little salt, MSG and baking powder then bake for 55-60 mins @ 210c. Obviously frying them would be a lot quicker but this works alright.

Heat the sauce in a pan/wok and reduce it a bit, making sure everything is dissolved and the garlic/ginger is cooked through a little. Toss the chicken in the sauce, top with spring onion and sesame seeds.

Almost the exact same recipe I knock up lol (random stuff in the kitchen cupboard but ended up the same).

I cook the wings now in an Airfryer, I can have the whole thing done inside 20mins.

Back
Top Bottom