The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
Dunking delivered from a glass bottle is the issue - not a genZ squeezy -
(hmmh looks like morrissons are now stocking chef brown sauce - I had to import last consignment)

We picked up some Stokes Brown Sauce from waitrose. My wife was initially sceptical to move away from HP but it's absolutely superb.

Soldato
It’s people like you that will cause the death of these culturally important pie shops.

I don’t see anyone vomiting over northerners eating tripe, pies being filled with slippery jelly or Scot’s eating a load of animal bits in a sheeps stomach ffs.

Its green because that’s the colour of parsley you melts.

And no one from Leeds better start either

I know I've said before in this thread that I have tried twice in London and found it rank and that it's just my opinion, but ffs why has no one tried to make it look better than prison slops.
We are told we eat with our eyes.

Did chuckle at the melt comment

:cry:

Caporegime
I know I've said before in this thread that I have tried twice in London and found it rank and that it's just my opinion, but ffs why has no one tried to make it look better than prison slops.
We are told we eat with our eyes.

Did chuckle at the melt comment

:cry:
I understand that, but the same old unoriginal radioactive comments get very boring

Soldato
Was out (somewhat delayed) Xmas do last night

IMG-20220623-183124-01.jpg

Spiced lamb salad

IMG-20220623-185711-01.jpg

Chicken and stuff

IMG-20220623-193359-01.jpg

Sticky toffee pudding

Washed down with lashings of alcohol, so there was only one option on the way back to the hotel in the wee hours
IMG-20220624-034021-01.jpg

Followed slightly later this morning by hotel hangover cure

IMG-20220624-081555-01.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I decided to make a home made burger tonight, so made a few buns/baps/cobs or whatever one calls them..

ZdPi46n.jpg

Then I made the wise decision to open and drink rather a lot of a bottle of Ophir gin at 3pm, and then stuffs went wrong..

UcvNSc0.jpg

So, not deterred from my mission, I hacked the thing into several pieces and wolfed it down..

YQzY07p.jpg

Lessons learnt from this debacle are..

Don't drink and pretend one can cook, as in this case it doesn't work.
That said, I didn't need to wear a hazmat suit when munching it.

Soldato
I can't be bothered with burgers that are stacked too tall to bite. I know it's been 'a thing' for a number of years, but I prefer them more manageable :)
Nothing more than a willy waving competition imo.
I'd rather have the same burger 30cm wide and enjoy more than one that's designed more for Instagram and the challenge gang.

Permabanned
I decided to make a home made burger tonight, so made a few buns/baps/cobs or whatever one calls them..

ZdPi46n.jpg

Then I made the wise decision to open and drink rather a lot of a bottle of Ophir gin at 3pm, and then stuffs went wrong..

UcvNSc0.jpg

So, not deterred from my mission, I hacked the thing into several pieces and wolfed it down..

YQzY07p.jpg

Lessons learnt from this debacle are..

Don't drink and pretend one can cook, as in this case it doesn't work.
That said, I didn't need to wear a hazmat suit when munching it.
Those rolls look great, could you PM me the recipe please?

Cheers

Soldato
Thanks! All a bit rush and I was seriously hangry at the time too. Will give it a proper go when the paddle shows up - it really is very little effort to get lit and clean up!

Back
Top Bottom