The **Now Eating** Thread

Roast beetroot in creme fraiche and horseraddish, pan fried mackerel, langoustine in butter, garlic and parsley with watercress.

photofeb25194246.jpg

Roast beetroot in creme fraiche and horseraddish, pan fried mackerel, langoustine in butter, garlic and parsley with watercress.

That looks fab! :) Would maybe switch the watercress for something else though - I just can't get on with the stuff.

I had a mini-strop in Tesco over the state of their fruit and veg (NOTHING I picked up had a date left on it longer than Wednesday and there was mouldy, seeping, manky looking fruit left all over) so I put all my stuff back and left.

Went to the nice Sainsbury's nearby instead but ended up spending so long on the shopping trip that instead of the nice Goan prawn curry we had planned, we ended up having a cooked chicken and salad.

Oh well, curry tomorrow!

I do try to :)
It's all very tasty bt very simple.

I wish :( I live in Manchester city center, there a couple of great fish mongers and butchers right around the corner from me. For that half kilo wild line caught sea bass and a half kilo wild line caught mackeral i paid about £9. The farmed fish is a fraction of the price and taste of the wild fish.

Which fish mongers was this if you don't mind me asking.

Live in Manchester as well but only ever been to one in the Arndale and another in Ashton indoor market near work.

Cheese & Tomato Ultimate toastie :D

Not bad for £2.13 but I still prefer big pasty and teapot at Presto!

I worked for Presto for 6 years and I can tell you they have the BEST pasty selection ever. Especially the Rhubarb and Custard Pasty who ever though that up is a Legend! Oh and the Chickpea curry pasty is a winner with me too :)

chicken.JPG

Home made soft Oat rolls with Roast chicken, Gherkins and Spinach.

Thought i would treat myself. picture is a bit naff but i wanted to get the thing in my gob.

IMG_20130227_132615_zps0c0ee63e.jpg

2x Home made chilli pesto quarter pounders.
Medium white cheddar and smoked Bavarian cheeses.
Oak smoked streaky bacon
lettuce, beef tomato and onion all on a toasted bun.

Fantastic!

Back
Top Bottom