The **Now Eating** Thread

Associate
Just found a photo of Pathia King's plating up

VZikKZA.jpg
Book a month in advance so they can fill the plate up.

Associate
I try to have some consideration for the dish washer…

And no, that is not a sexist comment.. we in fact have one of those “Slimline” Dishwashers :p

Edit: I’ve not really thought it through, I’ve now got to blow up a fair few balloons for my daughters birthday tomorrow :eek:

Food coma says no..

More worryingly if any of those balloons pop you will be exposing everyone around to a fair dose of some 1 day old pathia breath.

Have the camera ready you could be down for some birthday videos to remember .

Associate
Ok this thread has a lot to answer for...

Let me take you on a journey.. One of expectation.... total ingredient dissapointment.. followed by a hero like bodge job..... finally.. into.. not quite nirvana.. but as close as I could manage...

Here's me.. yes me.. sitting at my computer on a sunday afternoon.. there sits the "Now Eating" thread.. should I?? really????

I can't resist.. it's all looking fabulous.. (mostly ;) ) then I hit the curry top trumps section from yesterday... oh dear...

I have a nice healthy sandwich for dinner, but the Pathia King, and his minions force is just too strong..

It's time to cook.....

Checks freezer, and I've run out of base gravy, not a great start... can't find any meat :( and no naan's either.. :( or even any flour to make indian flat bread... :(

I take a look around at what I do have.. one slightly dodgy old oinion.. some sprouting potatoes.. spices and a tin of tomato's.. I even find a fresh tomato in bottom of the fridge..

I take a deep breath and and put on my big boy pants!!!

Cue the A-team music.....

I concoct the following curry sauce..

20240623_173352_s.jpg

and some skin on chips.. to go with...

TADA... the final dish...

20240623_175534_s.jpg

yes it's not on the level of the Pathia King plate danger.. and the presentation leaves a lot to be desired.. but boy did it scratch the curry itch...

healthy sandwich uneaten, I report back to the "King" and minions with a hopeful.. good effort young padawan.. good effort.. ;)

The end.. !!

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok this thread has a lot to answer for...

Let me take you on a journey.. One of expectation.... total ingredient dissapointment.. followed by a hero like bodge job..... finally.. into.. not quite nirvana.. but as close as I could manage...

Here's me.. yes me.. sitting at my computer on a sunday afternoon.. there sits the "Now Eating" thread.. should I?? really????

I can't resist.. it's all looking fabulous.. (mostly ;) ) then I hit the curry top trumps section from yesterday... oh dear...

I have a nice healthy sandwich for dinner, but the Pathia King, and his minions force is just too strong..

It's time to cook.....

Checks freezer, and I've run out of base gravy, not a great start... can't find any meat :( and no naan's either.. :( or even any flour to make indian flat bread... :(

I take a look around at what I do have.. one slightly dodgy old oinion.. some sprouting potatoes.. spices and a tin of tomato's.. I even find a fresh tomato in bottom of the fridge..

I take a deep breath and and put on my big boy pants!!!

Cue the A-team music.....

I concoct the following curry sauce..

20240623_173352_s.jpg

and some skin on chips.. to go with...

TADA... the final dish...

20240623_175534_s.jpg

yes it's not on the level of the Pathia King plate danger.. and the presentation leaves a lot to be desired.. but boy did it scratch the curry itch...

healthy sandwich uneaten, I report back to the "King" and minions with a hopeful.. good effort young padawan.. good effort.. ;)

The end.. !!
Top effort sir and a curry is a curry and when you need that curry-y goodness we all know all you can do is have one :D

Top stuff !

Back
Top Bottom