The **Now Eating** Thread

As it's finally summer (kind of), we've stopped our Sunday Roast and have started doing a BBQ.

PXL-20240623-121857695.png

PXL-20240620-160713360.png

PXL-20240621-154434141.png

Half/whole cajun chickens, skirt steak, chimmichuri, rolled pork belly w/ provolone cheese & red chimichurri, spanakoptia, falafel w/ hummus and pickles, grilled corn w/ garlic piripiri butter, courgette w/ whipped basil feta and so on.

From earlier today… Biscoff Frappe and a Smarties McFlurry from earlier to cool down after a nice walk in the warm weather.

I’m embarrassed to show off tonight’s food, it would certainly cause mass discussion :cry: Maybe even ruin peoples weekends.

Edit: Pre Bedtime Snacks!

Please dont say you have gone for a triple curry tonight

Gave the new BBQ a spin yesterday with a nice selection of meats.
We had chilli & honey glazed pork belly, burgers (some applewood and some plain), cumberland sausages, chicken legs and some beef, lamb & mint koftas.

20240622-135212.jpg
Had a "braai" today ourselves. Marinated rump, lamb steaks, beef burgers (which I could not bring myself to eat), par cooked and charcoal finished chicken thighs, vegetable skewers, whole red onion salted and oiled wrapped in tin foil and thrown on the coals to caramelise and finally some boiled "mielies" ( corn on the cob) charcoal finished.

Potato salad with pickles and spring onion along with a green salad with little pieces of red onion and coated in an olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing.

Still full after a late lunch/early supper.

From earlier today… Biscoff Frappe and a Smarties McFlurry from earlier to cool down after a nice walk in the warm weather.

I’m embarrassed to show off tonight’s food, it would certainly cause mass discussion :cry: Maybe even ruin peoples weekends.

Edit: Pre Bedtime Snacks!

Didn't clock who wrote this initially and just assumed it was @{SAS}TB snack list for the day

Love cheesecake. Aldi?
Sainsburys TTD

I like trying all different cheesecake flavours, but i just don’t think you can beat a quality thick New York vanilla cheesecake, especially one that you can see the black spots where they have used proper vanilla pods instead of cheap flavouring

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom