The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
1000080632-01.jpg
I hope it makes you very happy.

Associate
Only if he brings the Cat! I’m 2.5 Miles away but I’ll let the Restaurant give you directions to my address, I think they have a Memo readily available which is usually given to delivery drivers.

Sounds a great idea!!! I’ll get the Gazebo Setup, Inflatable Pool and I’ll make sure I have a clean Wheelie Bin to act as a cooler for our beverages.

Dress Code is String Vests only :D
I bet the delivery drivers have your address memorised. No Google maps needed with your order

As for the paddling pool, is that going to be filled full of Pathia and rice (split down the middle, obvs)

Soldato
I’ve not posted in here before despite being an avid foodie and keen home cook. I figured it was about time.

My wife picked up a nice tomahawk for my birthday this year, so I knocked it up with some baby potatoes, asparagus with a compound butter, roasted tomatoes and a fantastic Hawksmoor recipe peppercorn sauce.

IMG-8380.jpg
IMG-8381.jpg
IMG-8382.jpg

Good old reverse sear.

I’ve tried every method you can imagine in the past, including sous-vide which I’m a huge fan of, but for a tomahawk reverse sear is king.

Last edited:
Soldato
Excellent work GordyR.
They say you eat with your eyes. Well I am licking the bone clean on that one

Thanks buddy, much appreciated.

I have a two year old now so I don’t get a chance to spend hours in the kitchen these days, but when I do, there’s nothing better than a Saturday afternoon cook with an ice cold beer at hand.

Pure bliss…

Soldato
Must admit some of the best apples or victoria plums I've ever eaten were from here SP022 421 looks like they have re-planted now though :(
That orchard looks nice :)

I was working fruit when these first arrived from NZ and they were just so different to others and full of goodies.

No not that one
CFBiLov.gif

If you see them, they will be labelled as ENZA and are imo the best.

Soldato
I’ve not posted in here before despite being an avid foodie and keen home cook. I figured it was about time.

My wife picked up a nice tomahawk for my birthday this year, so I knocked it up with some baby potatoes, asparagus with a compound butter, roasted tomatoes and a fantastic Hawksmoor recipe peppercorn sauce.

IMG-8380.jpg
IMG-8381.jpg
IMG-8382.jpg

Good old reverse sear.

I’ve tried every method you can imagine in the past, including sous-vide which I’m a huge fan of, but for a tomahawk reverse sear is king.

That looks so good :)

Big fan of sous vide myself and have only tried reverse sear a couple of times, but will say, it was impressive done that way.

Soldato
That looks so good :)

Big fan of sous vide myself and have only tried reverse sear a couple of times, but will say, it was impressive done that way.

My sous vide tends to get used once or twice a month these days for everything from duck breast to centre cut fillet. In general it’s just unbeatable, there’s no other way to get that perfect medium rare right to the edge.

A tomahawk is a large enough cut though that there’s not too much risk of overcooking as long as you’re comfortable in the kitchen, and I feel like the extra crust and solid malliard reaction you get with a good reverse sear just slightly edges it.

But to be honest, they’re both fantastic techniques for this cut in my opinion. One thing I might try next time is sous vide followed by a quick ice bath to bring the meat temp down just enough to get a truly serious sear without overcooking.

No idea if it will work out but experimentation is fun!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom