The **Now Eating** Thread

Yep, of course. It's basically the spagbol we do on a regular basis then into a lasagne:)

Finely dice and fry off two onions and two cloves of garlic until translucent

Stir in 500g of lean (5% fat) beef mince until browned off

Add salt, pepper and mix of herbs to flavour - basil, oregano and maybe some coriander (or Italian mixed dry herbs)

A real good glug of Henderson's relish (or Worcestershire Sauce)

Add 400ml of beef stock, a tin or chopped tomatoes and a tin / carton of pasta

Good squirt of tomato puree

Chuck in two bay leaves, stir through and simmer on a low heat until the liquid has reduced down to more of a ragu - we let it go longer if into lasagne so thicker

There's the basic Bolognese - for the lasagne layer up meat, lasagna (ideally fresh), meat, lasagna, cheese sauce, lasagna, meat, lasagna, meat, lasagna then cheese sauce.

Oven for 20 mins on 200 or until browned to taste ;)

Ideally if the Bolognese can be made the day before and left overnight in the fridge it does help to bring the flavour out

Cheese sauce is just flour and butter, mixed into a paste, add milk stir until starting to thicken then add a good handful of grated cheese, stir constantly so doesn't stick / burn

Add cornflour ) water mix sparingly if need to thicken before the cheese goes in :)

Cheer up Rob :)
:D

HXqg9u.jpg

I may have been watching too many muckbang videos on Youtube lately, cause I felt inspired to splurge on a feast of Chinese food. Got a chicken and ham fried rice, a quarter crispy aromatic duck, BBQ spare ribs with gravy, deep fried chicken won tons and sesame prawn toast. Needless to say I didn't come close to finishing it all in one sitting. I did polish off most of the what was left for supper though :D

Back
Top Bottom