The **Now Eating** Thread

Associate
Couple of slices of sourdough that I made last night. Nom.

Couple of firsts, first time I've made sourdough (and my own starter) and first time I've hand-kneaded dough. Came out ok but I think it needs a slightly cooler area for the first rise to amplify the flavour and I didn't punch it down enough as a couple of slices had really big holes in.

It also got stuck to my tea towel so just invested in a banneton.

20140217_203910.jpg

20140217_204418.jpg

Soldato
Literally have a whole slow cookers worth. Got home from uni and it's like mum had made dinner and nobody wanted it! Might even have some for breakfast!

Associate
Starter or bread? I've only done it the once so no idea if what I'm doing is good or not :)

Starter is 50/50 strong flour/water with daily feeds (although I've just shoved it in the fridge last night to retard it now it's matured).

For baking, the night before, take some starter and mix with strong flour and leave overnight.

The morning after, add more flour, fat, salt and water and kneed till smooth, let it rise for the majority of the day then punch down, shape then prove again somewhere warmish (I shoved my bowl on the floor near the radiator).

Then oven to 250c (conventional) with pizza stone and baking tray in bottom, dough on pizza stone, dust dough, slash dough, in oven and then added water to pan. Waited 15 mins then turned down to 200c and added another cup of water. Checked after 30 mins.

Man of Honour
Darn good choice, party rings rock.

Steak sandwich also looks awesome, I would rather slice it thinly before stuffing it in the sandwich though.

Man of Honour
im starving :o
the 14.5" thin crust 'New Yorker' i just ordered from Herbies should sort me out ;)
Onions, mushrooms, green peppers, sausage, beef & pepperoni.. but i swapped the Mushrooms for extra cheese

9zq7uf.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Also hungry, no surprise haven't eaten since 2am. Not sure if to have the rump steak and roast veg I was planning, or save it and get a dominos pizza at ~4am. When I get back from work.

I have a craving for pizza.

Back
Top Bottom