The **Now Eating** Thread

Man of Honour
97259011_0_640x640_zpsf942cd54.jpg

Om nom nom, but watch for the dust at the end!

Suspended
What cheese do you use? I've tried making them a couple of times but I can't find the 'American cheese' I believe it's called that McDonalds uses.

I just use asda cheese slices. They are perfect. That's all so called American cheese is, just processed cheese slices. In some places it's melted down to a kind of cheese sauce (they actually sell this in the US and it's called Cheez-Whiz), but for the muffins, I just let one slice melt over an egg that's been fried in a ring. Just melt it until it is soft but retains it's shape and doesn't turn gooey.

http://groceries.asda.com/asda-webs...-_-ghs-sna3-_-asdacom-dsk-_-hp#/product/36030

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Quite pleased with myself. I was watching telly earlier and felt peckish so I got a tub of Morrison's marinated olives from the fridge. When I ate the first one, I immediately thought 'oregano, parsley and thyme'; I looked at the ingredients and, hey presto, I was right.
Not content with getting the herbs right, I also decided the olives would probably go well with the Waitrose Dry Fino I had in the fridge. I poured myself a glass and, to my surprise, I was right again - a perfect match.

I'm not usually good at picking out individual ingredients nor am I particularly good at matching drinks to food but I was on a roll tonight.

Back
Top Bottom