The **Now Eating** Thread

Suspended
Quite pleased with myself. I was watching telly earlier and felt peckish so I got a tub of Morrison's marinated olives from the fridge. When I ate the first one, I immediately thought 'oregano, parsley and thyme'; I looked at the ingredients and, hey presto, I was right.
Not content with getting the herbs right, I also decided the olives would probably go well with the Waitrose Dry Fino I had in the fridge. I poured myself a glass and, to my surprise, I was right again - a perfect match.

I'm not usually good at picking out individual ingredients nor am I particularly good at matching drinks to food but I was on a roll tonight.

It's a shame You Bet finished years ago, you could have gone on that.

"Stan says blindfolded, he can name every ingredient in a greek salad just by taste. Bobby Davro, do you think he can do it, place your bet please!"

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
rps20140306_114400_752.jpg

Another neat lunch!

Man of Honour
My homemade hand-stretched pizza. This one is with mushrooms, chillies and chorizo. Sadly I went a bit overboard with the chorizo and had to mop up some of the oil with kitchen towel. Still damn delicious though :)

pizza_06032014.jpg

(double-posted because it tastes just so damn good :p)

Man of Honour
got a couple of jacket spuds in the oven with cheese and butter at the ready,
cant decide whether to have B/beans or coleslaw though :o

Soldato
Chinese takeaway tonight. Cream of chicken soup for my mum. Spare ribs for my dad. Sesame prawn toast for me. And for mains, were dividing up a beef fried rice, chicken fried rice, portion of chips and portion of curry sauce 3 ways.

NOM NOM NOM!

Soldato
Technically last night, but this was for four in Goodman, Canary Wharf.

oK2AqpQl.jpg

1x 900g Scottish Porterhouse
1x 950g USDA Bone In Rib
Truffle Mac n Cheese
Truffle Chips
Spinach
SAUCE

YUS!

My third time there, but first time I went to check out the meat fridge:

0gRwQcql.jpg

One member of staff saw we were interested and even let us have a peak inside the fridge (no pic) and the kitchen!

hhENWoul.jpg

Charcoal barbecue grills. Mmm.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom