The **Now Eating** Thread

Associate
Just dip some tofu in some cornflour that has sea salt and some decent pepper mixed in and stick it a wok, don't deep fry it but use a decent amopunt of oil. The other stuff was just done in a separate pan, toasted some sesame seeds and put some soy sauce over it.

Associate
From google "Tofu is a good source of protein and contains all eight essential amino acids. It is also an excellent source of iron and calcium and the minerals manganese, selenium and phosphorous. In addition, tofu is a good source of magnesium, copper, zinc and vitamin B1."

It's bland but will absorb any flavour so you can pretty much do anything with it, i love in spicy korean soups.

Soldato
What I meant was that it is expensive for just one meal but as you're getting the cheapest free then that basically brings it into line.

Plenty of pubby foody type places round here that will charge £4.50ish for a £8ish meal off that menu.

True, yeah. I've become so immune to the extortionate prices of things in and around London that I took those prices to be 'normal'. Are you in or near London too?

Soldato
True, yeah. I've become so immune to the extortionate prices of things in and around London that I took those prices to be 'normal'. Are you in or near London too?

I'm in the north east where everything is cheap. I am also not fussy and will happily east a Wetherspoon bargain feast. :)

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Had them for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Second time this morning and my god it's just such a simple and tasty meal.

You're not wrong there. Minimum prep and short cooking time. Also very versatile.

Out of interest what do you bake your eggs with?

Here's a post I made in the "Show us your dish" thread. http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=21864401&postcount=756. Made with ham and asparagus tips. As I said in that post, I prefer duck eggs to hens eggs. I find they have a much richer flavour. I've also done them with spinach and ham. I like the sound of your spinach and tomato as well so I'll probably give that a go.

Having seen a few of your posts about food before I'd quite like to try any ideas you have, always seem to eat tasty food. :)

Shucks. You're too kind :o I'm lucky in that my job means I tend to have a lot of time on my hands when I'm at home so I have time to research and experiment. I am a bit hampered when it comes to getting more exotic ingredients, though. South Shields isn't renowned as a hub for culinary excellence. Even travelling through to Newcastle or Sunderland isn't always fruitful so I tend to rely heavily on t'internet for a lot of things.

Man of Honour
Nice looking bacon, but ewww crispy egg. Well actually I don't mid crispy egg, but prefer buttery smooth eggs.

Mixed berry smoothie/frozen thing.
150g mixed frozen berries, 1/2 cup Greek yoghurt, 1cup water.

And stuck a pork minced soar bol on, to simmer away till tea time.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Just dip some tofu in some cornflour that has sea salt and some decent pepper mixed in and stick it a wok, don't deep fry it but use a decent amopunt of oil. The other stuff was just done in a separate pan, toasted some sesame seeds and put some soy sauce over it.

Ah, simple enough. Firm tofu I assume? :) Whenever I've tried similar it hasn't really worked out but I probably just needed the oil hotter.

Never tried tofu, is it nice/any health benefits to it?

Some people hate it. Personally I quite like it in the right dishes - usually as an accompaniment to meat :p

I'm in the north east where everything is cheap. I am also not fussy and will happily east a Wetherspoon bargain feast. :)

I live in Manchester and I didn't think it looked that expensive :eek: Then again, Manchester seems to be hitting London prices for lots of stuff these days :/

Man of Honour
ordered up my free large papa johns for lunch, i asked for the olives to be swapped for spicy beef but they forgot :( one quick call to them and he said he'l do me another free one next time :D

2qun0pg.jpg

Back
Top Bottom