The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
Been to a nice pub restaurant this evening in Goffs Oak called '2-4-1'. Bloody excellent food at decent prices. Two meals for the price of one. I had gammon steak, fried egg, tomato, peas and chips which was delicious, followed by spotted dick and custard which was equally scrumptious. :)

Spotted_Dick.jpg

Soldato
That could be tricky. :p Here's the menu though. Some nice things to eat. Tried some of the lasagne that someone else had, that was nice, and the sausage with the sausage and mash was quite spicy, also very nice.

Associate
Been to a nice pub restaurant this evening in Goffs Oak called '2-4-1'. Bloody excellent food at decent prices. Two meals for the price of one. I had gammon steak, fried egg, tomato, peas and chips which was delicious, followed by spotted dick and custard which was equally scrumptious. :)

Spotted_Dick.jpg

The restaurant is called 241? Are you sure??? lol

I dont live too far from Goffs Oak and wouldnt mind trying the place based on your good recommendation :)

Soldato
It's not that expensive if you consider you get two meals for the price of one, you don't pay for the cheaper one. I'm not sure if they still give one meal free if you both choose the same off the menu, but they probably do. There were 6 of us. I paid for my mum and myself. She had the lasagne and chips, I had the gammon steak, two drinks, only cost me £13 for that lot. Puddings were separate though and not in the two for one.

The restaurant is called 241? Are you sure??? lol

I dont live too far from Goffs Oak and wouldnt mind trying the place based on your good recommendation :)

Actually it's within the Wheelwrights pub on Goffs Lane. Yeah it's not strictly speaking called 2-4-1 but that's a sort of theme name they're advertising. I thought it was pretty good food but then I'm not that fussy so I can't guarantee you won't have a completely different opinion to me. The girl serving was first class with politeness and service and even came over to ask us if the food is to our liking. Can't ask for much more than that really. :)

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.7...m2!1s2lhmrcQVq3kt2tkUdT1dDw!2e0!6m1!1e1?hl=en

Permabanned
Nice. I haven't done baked eggs for ages. Must get around to it soon.

Had them for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Second time this morning and my god it's just such a simple and tasty meal.

Out of interest what do you bake your eggs with?

Having seen a few of your posts about food before I'd quite like to try any ideas you have, always seem to eat tasty food. :)

Soldato
It's not that expensive if you consider you get two meals for the price of one, you don't pay for the cheaper one. I'm not sure if they still give one meal free if you both choose the same off the menu, but they probably do. There were 6 of us. I paid for my mum and myself. She had the lasagne and chips, I had the gammon steak, two drinks, only cost me £13 for that lot. Puddings were separate though and not in the two for one.

What I meant was that it is expensive for just one meal but as you're getting the cheapest free then that basically brings it into line.

Plenty of pubby foody type places round here that will charge £4.50ish for a £8ish meal off that menu.

Back
Top Bottom