The **Now Eating** Thread

Man of Honour
Wine was £100 of that. It's not that bad for Michelin star tasting menu, going rate is £100 head plus drink. It is not the sort of thing I do often frankly, but a few times a year makes a nice treat. I won't share my Gidleigh Park bill from Feb then :)

Man of Honour
Wine was £100 of that. It's not that bad for Michelin star tasting menu, going rate is £100 head plus drink. It is not the sort of thing I do often frankly, but a few times a year makes a nice treat. I won't share my Gidleigh Park bill from Feb then :)

That's still pretty pricey. About the same price as Bernares which was crap.
Tasted great, but things like sinus left on pigeon breast, and omg they have service so utterly wrong. It's like 6 people a table. It's just terrible.

Luckily enough we have a great place in Bristol called Moreish, the food is amazing. And they are always on Groupon/amazon local etc. £50 for two, tastier menu. Wine flight is £25 ahead. Great atmosphere as well. Not Michelin star, and it won't be due to what it is. But just as good.

Or go to London La trompette and Chez Bruce, both amazing bargain price Michelin star places, even with a fair bit of wine it's still only £100 a head.

Man of Honour
One for MrMarvelous

chicken curry from scratch and some of the awesome frozen parathas. You just throw them in a hot dry pan to cook and they taste lovely. Unlike pre Cooked naans, poppadoms etc which are plain nasty.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Where did you get the frozen parathas? Or did you pre-make them? If so, what is the recipe/method? :)

Nothing that complicated, Tesco in the foreign freezer segment.
http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=265944122

They really are very good. They do some other flavours, but they don't taste right.

Even the ingredient list is simple. Although not sure if the margarine is hydrogenated or not. But at least it's not one of the many other veg oils.
Wheat Flour,Water ,Margarine (Palm Base) ,Salt & Baking Powder (E500)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
That's still pretty pricey. About the same price as Bernares which was crap.
Tasted great, but things like sinus left on pigeon breast, and omg they have service so utterly wrong. It's like 6 people a table. It's just terrible.

Luckily enough we have a great place in Bristol called Moreish, the food is amazing. And they are always on Groupon/amazon local etc. £50 for two, tastier menu. Wine flight is £25 ahead. Great atmosphere as well. Not Michelin star, and it won't be due to what it is. But just as good.

Or go to London La trompette and Chez Bruce, both amazing bargain price Michelin star places, even with a fair bit of wine it's still only £100 a head.

I think you are missing the point. This was a 10 course tasting menu, not a starter, main and pudding. It was with a different glass of wine with each course to add to the event of the meal and I also ordered mojitos pre dinner. Ive paid £60 for 2 course at places like Simon Radley in Chester, Ive paid over 400 euros for 2 course for 2 people in France, excluding drink!. Average tasting menus are 7-10 courses and range from typically 80 quidish to 150 quid plus drinks at most Mich star.

Soldato
Been hectic the last week, so not been able to put the hours in food wise. Been limited to quick classics.

Gammon, egg, sweet potato wedges

ee563ee1-3c32-48cf-af81-8452e957128f_zps7def8a92.jpg

Homemade burger topped with leftover gammon and Parmesan

3e03f9a4-829b-405f-bc6d-c188fc18008f_zpse064524b.jpg

And finally homemade salmon and cod fishcake n beans

0f2188a9-1a12-4997-ab9a-b51962d5d5e6_zps7d052ba4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom