The **Now Eating** Thread

Associate
chicken mini fillets marinated for 48 hours in Nandos hot piri-piri sauce

ive got a couple of cans of Stella to finish off then il serve them in pitta bread with salad :)

EDIT:

yeah, i got you bro ;)

Wanted to thank you, never had piri piri and I didn't know if I'd like it but I grabbed some Nandos Hot rub because it was on offer at Asda after seeing your pics and now I can't get enough of the stuff.

Man of Honour
^^ nice, i picked up 1kg of chicken breast fillets from waitrose yesterday and immediately smothered 1/2kg with a sachet of the hot dry rub :D
i did want to try the extra hot, but they only do it as a sauce not a marinade or dry rub :/

Last edited:
Man of Honour
2 small marinated chicken breasts in pitta with mayo

2yvnoux.jpg

Soldato
I have no photo as my rear camera is fubar on my iPhone, but for lunch I had my Friday treat... McDonalds.

5 Chicken Selects, Medium Chips, Oasis and a Double Cheeseburger without pickle. Lush. :D

Soldato
Went back to the global market today. Kinda annoyed the French bread vendors weren't there this time, I wanted some tomato, cheese and olive loaves! :(

I did get some really nice cheeses and some chutneys though. And for eating while I was there...

JVNE5x.jpg

From an Italian pizza stall, a pizza baguette with a tasty sausage. They had much better pizzas this time that the last time they were there. I enjoyed this :)

qjSYnQ.jpg

From a Jamican stall, a jerk chicken wrap, topped with piri piri sauce. I was tempted to try the lamb curry, but I went with this instead. Pity I'm busy over the weekend, or I would have went back to try the curry. Maybe next year...

AN86OH.jpg

And for dessert, one of my favourites, dutch pancakes, this time topped with maple syrup and cream. Only thing is I swear the large plate is considerably larger than the last time they were here. Seemed like there was about 8 more pancakes than what was normally on a large plate. I ended up having to toss 5 or 6 in the bin cause there was just toooo much! They are so delicious though :D

And I brought some provencal potatoes and meat paella home with me for us to have for dinner :D

Man of Honour
That all looks good, and god that is a massive serving, hell yeah please.

Think you've inspired me to cook some crap tonight. It all looks so tasty.

Last edited:
Soldato
that pizza/sausage thing looks good

It was. Only £4.50 too.

G8fG1p.jpg

This was the crap pizza attempt the same people did earlier this year. £6 for that! And it wasn't even that good. In fact it was kinda rubbish!

This year they had proper pizza slices, with toppings like plain cheese, Hawaiian, pepperoni passion, meat feat, and a couple of pizza baguettes, the one I had and one with mushrooms I was very tempted by. Really wish I could go back at the weekend to try more stuff, but I'm at MCM Scotland this weekend at Glasgow.

Soldato
All of this is making me hungry.

Unfortunately tonight I have to endure my mothers cooking. I had to intervene when she was planning to mix a mushroom sauce with a tomato and basil sauce. Tomorrow I will probably have my first ever Papa Johns.

Soldato
That does look incredible. There's actually a Papa Johns in the same town I get my Dominos from. But its in a really ackward area to get to by car, and they don't deliver to where I live, so I've never gone to it before. Swap out the onions on that for another meat topping and I would destroy that pizza!

Man of Honour
Checked out two locations of "The worlds cheapest michelin starred restaurant" in the last few days. Hong Kong's "Tim Ho Wan". Not the best food I've ever had but by far and a way the best value restaurant I've ever visited.

The places fmaous BBQ pork buns, really fantastic. Deep fried buns with a sweet glazing and filled with BBQ pork. £1.70 for three.

L2dIYv8.jpg
4qUroJo.jpg

Steamed shrimp dumplings. £1.05 for 4.

boccmCS.jpg

Vermicilli rolls with BBQ pork filling. £1.70 for three.

DlHCyMV.jpg

Deep fried pork dumplings. £1.05 for 3

W0I1Prl.jpg

Jelly with various hers, chilli and berries suspended in it. £0.80 for 3 cubes

0m4z8AZ.jpg

Soldato
their new tandoori pizza looks good ;)

2ymy64h.png

That does look incredible. There's actually a Papa Johns in the same town I get my Dominos from. But its in a really ackward area to get to by car, and they don't deliver to where I live, so I've never gone to it before. Swap out the onions on that for another meat topping and I would destroy that pizza!

Looks very nice indeed, but I don't like tomato or tomato sauce so it's always BBQ for me.

Back
Top Bottom