The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
Herbies have gone downhill over the last few years :( Much prefer Papa John's now.

Just had a packet of onion ring crisps. I have lovely onion breath now :D Asked my sister to buy me a BK whopper on her way home from work so that'll be my dinner... :o

Man of Honour
edit: its here!, :)

qphu2h.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Well I always thought a hoagie was an American name for like a footlong subway style sandwhich. And I'm pretty sure that IS what a proper hoagie is.

But according to the takeaways around here, they think a hoagie is a pitta bread, stuffed with chips, cheese, donner meat and salad/sauce. I find that donner meat upsets my stomach though, so I prefer the one above, which swaps out the donner meat for chicken tikka meat.

Bloody tasty it was too! :)

Soldato
Why do take aways suck in the south (I assume you're up north)

West coast of Scotland, so yeah, I guess that's pretty far up North ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Submarine_sandwich

Yup I was right. A hoagie is another name for a submarine sandwhich. No idea why they adopted that name for a pitta bread stuffed with cheese, cheese and meat, but I'm not complaining :p

Last edited:
Suspended
Why do take aways suck in the south (I assume you're up north)

It does sound good.

Thing is mate, you're quite a foodie person. You have lots of discussions on here about cooking, utensils, restaurants and cookery shows etc. You eat a lot of very good food.

You probably have a very low tolerance of poor food, whereas a lot of us tend to judge the quality of our takeaways by the amount of grease. The more the merrier :p

Man of Honour
Awesome pizza Cainer!

normally id save a few slices for later, but it was so good i kept chowing till it was gone :D

that chicken tikka hoagie looks great as well, although id prefer it to just be bread/tikka/lettice and a dash of mint yogurt, with the chips on the side :)
im having an indian take away tomorrow night so maybe il make my own in naan bread :o

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Thing is mate, you're quite a foodie person. You have lots of discussions on here about cooking, utensils, restaurants and cookery shows etc. You eat a lot of very good food.

You probably have a very low tolerance of poor food, whereas a lot of us tend to judge the quality of our takeaways by the amount of grease. The more the merrier :p

I'ma lover of all food. I love a decent kebab.

And that tikka looks lovely. But we never get the chicken and cheese things, or the big mega boxes. Or anything like that. Even a naan kebab is hard to find.

Back
Top Bottom