The **Now Eating** Thread

Man of Honour
Soldato
I've been wanting to try that recipe for some time. I just picked up a ton of morello cherries cheaply so maybe this is a sign :p
If you're a dab hand with pastry then it's probably unnecessary and just continue doing what you're doing, although if you have a food processor the sheer ease of preparation is pretty great, as a bonus it's incredibly easy to roll out and very resistant to pie-tards like me :p

Suspended
After all my talk about bacon last night, I needed bacon, so just done myself a 3 thick cut rasher and egg sarnie for lunch. Lashings of brown sauce of course.

b5dc9a71b08da3fa990f64db8137dbeb_zpsa3b4175e.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
And then some further posts. Basically less chilli, more lime, less cinnamon. And frenchtart thinks less salt/sugar.

Whipped some up this afternoon, got them thighs marinating away. Base of the recipe reminds me of a traditional Vindaloo, went easy on the salt as the recipe has a lot of soy.

Hopefully be enjoying em Sunday!

(added more chillis though :p )

Man of Honour
I think I've come to the conclusion I'm not a chocolate pudding man, was like that looks so tasty, oh chocolate *sad face.
Now if it was white chocolate, toffee, caramel etc.
Odd as I like dark chocolate in it's own. But the only real chocolate pudding I crave is frozen Mississippi mud pie.

Man of Honour
I've not followed the recipe exactly so the 'cheese' part isn't as sweet as you'd expect from a chocolate-based pudding. It's got a hint of sourness and despite being quite brown only has a fairly mild chocolate flavour. I think it will work.

I'm also not a huge fan of overly chocolatey stuff so I wanted to dial down some aspects of it. I guess I'll see tomorrow :D

Back
Top Bottom