The **Now Eating** Thread

Man of Honour
Pizza Express diavolo romana, with an extra grate of cheese as they dont put enough on..

33w5f5v.jpg

done...

14j809t.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Romana = better base I'm guessing? That's my main issue with them tbh.

Also, you totes don't burn it all off :p I keep seeing your name appear in Sports Arena and thinking "wtf" then I realise that it's in the MMA thread :p

Man of Honour
Romana = better base I'm guessing? That's my main issue with them tbh.

yeah very thin, light and crispy, they cook in no more than 8 minutes
i just checked and you can only get them from Sainsburys, Waitrose or Ocado though
EDIT: as i havnt had a 'classic' one for years as i wasnt impressed, and in the interests of giving a proper conclusion...
i bought one of these from Tesco to try later :D (as it was 1/2 price) 12" £3
5z2wlv.jpg

one thing i noted straight away was the size/weight/toppings, the Classic i bought is the same size as the Romana(12") but has less toppings, weighs ~33% more, and costs 33% more when not on a deal (£4.50 romana v's £6.00 classic) so cost per 100g is the same, il give you a taste test update once ive eaten it :D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I've used two methods, either on the hob or on the microwave.

Hob - is just oats + water + whey/drinking chocolate. And just keep adding water until you get a silly volume. Chuck some husks in and pop an egg white in near the end. Not the healthiest relationship to have with food though, chasing insane volume...

Microwave - now I use powdered flavouring (that you'd find in whey, as the flavour is much stronger and you only need 5-8g tops for 150g oats) and mix it with water and leave the oats to soak overnight. Then I just keep nuking them and stiring, not adding a great deal more water, just enough. Husks and an egg white towards the end for texture (fiber too).

You can use milk or almond milk (lower calorie) and it'll be a bit creamier but I notice no difference so save the calories for my other meals or put it towards toppings :cool:

Sorry.... totally forgot to reply to this :eek:

For some reason I kind of assumed your oats were made in a kind of granola way. They look like that in the pictures anyhow. I love oats in flapjacks and the like but really am not a fan of the texture of them in porridge :/

yeah very thin, light and crispy, they cook in no more than 8 minutes
i just checked and you can only get them from Sainsburys, Waitrose or Ocado though
EDIT: as i havnt had a 'classic' one for years as i wasnt impressed, and in the interests of giving a proper conclusion...
i bought one of these from Tesco to try later :D (as it was 1/2 price) 12" £3
5z2wlv.jpg

one thing i noted straight away was the size/weight/toppings, the Classic i bought is the same size as the Romana(12") but has less toppings, weighs ~33% more, and costs 33% more when not on a deal (£4.50 romana v's £6.00 classic) so cost per 100g is the same, il give you a taste test update once ive eaten it :D

Lol..you're turning into a real foodie :p I'm actually pretty impressed by your breakdown of the ingredients.

So it sounds like you're basically paying more money for more bread/base?

How was it? :)

Associate
As a regular buyer of the standard Pizza Express pizza's I can confirm the Romana is a step up from standard.

Out of ~6 years (1-2 per week) as a supermarket pizza customer, I have discovered in the last year or so the "menu from Waitrose spicy Calabrian salami pizza" to be the most enjoyable.

Check it out guys.

Back
Top Bottom