The **Now Eating** Thread

Associate
^I love how colourfull that plate of food is.

A turkey breast type cut of meat (I think it was part of a turkey's thigh) and some boiled potatoes with butter :)

Man of Honour
Indian ready meals from waitrose tonight, they have a 1/2 price offer on some of their dishes, got chicken korma with rice, chicken tikka masala and rice, 2 naan breads and a side selection pack of 4 veg samosas, 4 veg pakoras, and 4 onion bajee's, all for ~£7

Man of Honour
Indian ready meals from waitrose tonight, they have a 1/2 price offer on some of their dishes, got chicken korma with rice, chicken tikka masala and rice, 2 naan breads and a side selection pack of 4 veg samosas, 4 veg pakoras, and 4 onion bajee's, all for ~£7

10r5v9s.jpg

Tea Drinker
Don

What's your verdict? I find the Waitrose stuff pretty tasty but not massively spicy and flavorsome

Soldato
Got a pie in the oven at the moment but currently munching some mixed olives I just hand selected and put into a large pot. There's very large ones near the bottom with Jalapeno peppers which are awesome, some with lemon dressing, feta cheese, some others, and red pepper stuffed with cream cheese. Nom nom! ;)

image.jpg

Associate
I made some homemade pizza. Took pics but cba putting them up right now. It was pretty amaizing and got another one left in the fridge for tomorrow and rest of the dough went to the freezer as made enough for 8 pizzas or so when there is only 2 of us lol.
So much better than take out would have been...

Soldato
Made a low fat/sugar/calorie sponge (just because), served with generous helpings of chocolate PB2. Who doesn't love cake?!

670cals 7f/113c/36p. 8 thick slices 84cals each.

iL87dfm.png

Soldato
That's better :p

Something I meant to ask you actually. How do you prepare the oats in your meals?

I've used two methods, either on the hob or on the microwave.

Hob - is just oats + water + whey/drinking chocolate. And just keep adding water until you get a silly volume. Chuck some husks in and pop an egg white in near the end. Not the healthiest relationship to have with food though, chasing insane volume...

Microwave - now I use powdered flavouring (that you'd find in whey, as the flavour is much stronger and you only need 5-8g tops for 150g oats) and mix it with water and leave the oats to soak overnight. Then I just keep nuking them and stiring, not adding a great deal more water, just enough. Husks and an egg white towards the end for texture (fiber too).

You can use milk or almond milk (lower calorie) and it'll be a bit creamier but I notice no difference so save the calories for my other meals or put it towards toppings :cool:

Man of Honour
What's your verdict? I find the Waitrose stuff pretty tasty but not massively spicy and flavorsome

deffinatly better than other supermarket ready meals ive tried, and at £1.64 (half price) they are a good deal but its only their currys with rice that are on a 1/2 price offer and tbh there wasnt much chicken in them,
their single dish currys (with no rice) are £3.89, and tbh thats not much cheaper than getting a madras or korma from my local takeaway, and we all know takeaway > ready meals ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom