The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
nah, we wont feel bad, but you will if we all start posting pics of Zinger burgers :D
I won't feel bad, I can still treat myself to a burger every now and again :p

Fat free Greek style yoghurt with a spoonful of honey, along with berry muesli and a spoonful of milled flax seed.

3qQP0PYl.jpg

Associate
Ive gained quite a bit too during the last month so today I too started a bit healthier lifestyle (no diet as they never work).
So had my cereal this morning and weighed the 30g :)

Soldato
I say diet, but it's more just healthy eating and calorie counting :) you should use myfitnesspal if you're not using it already - it's good for tracking calories and what you eat.

Associate
I say diet, but it's more just healthy eating and calorie counting :) you should use myfitnesspal if you're not using it already - it's good for tracking calories and what you eat.

I use a website that counts everything for you :) you just put you weigh in and how active you are and it gives you how many calories you can have and how long it will take to lose the weight and how much excercise you need per week.

// I added it and that barcode thing is so much fun :D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I use a website that counts everything for you :) you just put you weigh in and how active you are and it gives you how many calories you can have and how long it will take to lose the weight and how much excercise you need per week.

Keep in mind that MFP's estimates for kcal burn through exercise are often far too high.

Associate
Keep in mind that MFP's estimates for kcal burn through exercise are often far too high.

When I have used the website I have always marked higher portions if I wasnt sure how much I actually had just so I would always be about 100 - 200 less than what the website suggests as I know they wont be 100% right.

I'm making omelette with cheese and onion for lunch with some boiled veg and some salad :)

Soldato
Sorry.... totally forgot to reply to this :eek:

For some reason I kind of assumed your oats were made in a kind of granola way. They look like that in the pictures anyhow. I love oats in flapjacks and the like but really am not a fan of the texture of them in porridge :/

'Overnight oats' are very different to just chucking oats in to milk with no time to soak. Would definitely recommend :)

Goddammit! You and your delicious desserts :mad:

I will be on a diet as of tomorrow... So I guess I better stay out of this thread... Or maybe I'll post lots of pics of my healthy meals to make you guys feel bad :D

Everyone is on a diet. As in everyone has a diet. /highhorse :p

MFP is awesome. It made a huge difference for me.

Agreed, MFP ftw.

(Calories are king for weight loss/gain)

Associate
I love the look of that salad! But maybe with normal chicken as I cant deal with anything even slightly spicy :D Is it feta cheese on it?

P1060054.JPG

My cheese and onion omelette with some veg on the side :) It is good!

Soldato
I love the look of that salad! But maybe with normal chicken as I cant deal with anything even slightly spicy :D Is it feta cheese on it?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13203382/OCUK/aino/P1060054.JPG[img]
My cheese and onion omelette with some veg on the side :) It is good![/QUOTE]Thanks, it was pretty tasty :p And yep, feta cheese.

I'm on 1250 calories a day so I have to weigh all my food to make sure I get the most out of my allowance which is a right pain in the bum :o

Associate
That is really low, is it what the program suggested cos it sounds off... Mine is around 1600 calories and Im focusing a lot on drinking water as well as Im not so good at remembering to do so.

Soldato
That is really low, is it what the program suggested cos it sounds off... Mine is around 1600 calories and Im focusing a lot on drinking water as well as Im not so good at remembering to do so.

Metabolic rate will differentiate between individuals, as will your maintenance, loss & gain calories.

You have to factor in, weight, height, age, activity levels in to this too as they are all variables that come in to play.

I presume you are both women in which case those figures don't seem too far off the mark but I don't know any of the information I listed above.

Someone who has 'yo yo' dieted for years will have worse metabolic conditioning than someone who has maintained weight steadily over the same time frame (all else being equal) and so won't have the grace of getting away with a higher calorie input.

Man of Honour
You're a man and not a small woman.

MisChief's target kcal do sound a little on the low side but presumably she's also eating back exercise calories and such so her total intake per day is likely higher than that on average.

Soldato
You're a man and not a small woman.

MisChief's target kcal do sound a little on the low side but presumably she's also eating back exercise calories and such so her total intake per day is likely higher than that on average.
Exercise? What's that? :D :o

1250 is quite low, but it works for me :)

Tonight's dinner.... Sweet potato and chicken hotpot.

e9Qgwocl.jpg

Back
Top Bottom