The **Now Eating** Thread

Associate
I think it needs less mushrooms and more bacon. Also way too much beans compared to rest :D I havent had fried breakfast since we moved to southampton I think... Maybe its a good thing!

Permabanned
Pain in the proverbial fuelling up before runs isn't it! Wake up, eat, wait around for a couple hours, run, eat, bed.

Pretty much my Sundays these days.

Tell me about it, just got back in now as went for food after the run so it's been a long day.

Annoyed that it ended up being 6.6 miles and not a 10K as the lead marshal (cycling ahead) went the wrong way. :mad::rolleyes:

Soldato
FrenchTart how many layers are you aiming for with the lasagna?

I couldn't be bothered faffing around with fresh pasta so just used the no-boil noodles I had in the cupboard :p

Interested to see how it turns out though, it's soooo rich :p

Man of Honour
FrenchTart how many layers are you aiming for with the lasagna?

I couldn't be bothered faffing around with fresh pasta so just used the no-boil noodles I had in the cupboard :p

Interested to see how it turns out though, it's soooo rich :p

Just put it in the oven. Due to space constraints it had five layers of pasta. Freshly made using the Serious Eats recipe :)

Will get a couple of pics up once it's out/cut up/etc, though I suspect it will be a little on the dry side. We'll see.

Soldato
Just put it in the oven. Due to space constraints it had five layers of pasta. Freshly made using the Serious Eats recipe :)

Will get a couple of pics up once it's out/cut up/etc, though I suspect it will be a little on the dry side. We'll see.
Reckon it'll be ok especially with fresh pasta, if anything I had a problem with it being too liquidy but I think that may have been due to not reducing the bechamel quite enough and also probably could have dried the spinach more. There was also a slight patience issue at the end where it smelled so good I didn't leave it quite long enough before cutting it up :p

Man of Honour
Mini pitta pizzas (chicken, PINEAPPLE! and mushroom) with salad

wRhu7h2l.jpg

Looks good, even if it does contain pineapple :p I like the presentation with the what I presume is balsamic?

Reckon it'll be ok especially with fresh pasta, if anything I had a problem with it being too liquidy but I think that may have been due to not reducing the bechamel quite enough and also probably could have dried the spinach more. There was also a slight patience issue at the end where it smelled so good I didn't leave it quite long enough before cutting it up :p

The fresh pasta was awesome actually. Definitely making it again. The whole thing wasn't too dry - it probably would have been perfect if I'd let it rest before cutting it up but similar to yourself, patience isn't one of my strengths :p

A few pictures:

Fresh out of the oven...
yDFu5ks.jpg

Cut up on my plate. You can see here where I forgot to leave a gap at the edges so the pasta curled up a little. Lesson for next time.
LWPgSuW.jpg

Apologies for the half-eaten shot but I thought this showed off how nice the fresh pasta was.
LTz2FXQ.jpg

edit: the weird large bits of green are steamed kale btw :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom