The **Now Eating** Thread

Associate
That looks good. I havent made fresh pasta in ages! i should probably make some soon. Been way too lazy with cooking lately.
This week and the next I will be going through the freezer so that will be a lot of mince based food and also beef / pork cassaroles :o I need more room as its only a small freezer. Maybe Ill just make a massive portions and eat same stuff few days in row...

Soldato
Oof that looks uhmazing.

Re: the kale did you run out of spinach or was that by choice? I ended up using some beet tops to supplement my spinach because it's ridiculous how little spinach you end up with when sauteed and I wasn't sure I had enough - it also turned the bechamel a pale shade of pink, lol :D

If there's any left tomorrow (lol good one) make sure to try at least a couple slices of fried lasagna when you reheat it (http://www.seriouseats.com/2014/11/best-way-to-reheat-lasagna-food-lab.html)

Soldato
Looks good, even if it does contain pineapple :p I like the presentation with the what I presume is balsamic?
Yep, balsamic glaze. Absolutely love the stuff! I use it on pretty much all my salads.

edit: the weird large bits of green are steamed kale btw :p
Nice lasagne! Are you sure you didn't pluck some leaves from the garden and add them in? :confused: :p

It reminds me of spinach and ricotta cannelloni, might try making some one day.

Man of Honour
That looks good. I havent made fresh pasta in ages! i should probably make some soon. Been way too lazy with cooking lately.
This week and the next I will be going through the freezer so that will be a lot of mince based food and also beef / pork cassaroles :o I need more room as its only a small freezer. Maybe Ill just make a massive portions and eat same stuff few days in row...

Are there any particular mince dishes from your part of the world that you make a lot of? If they're as nice-looking as the pulla/etc I'd love to see them/a recipe :)

Oof that looks uhmazing.

Re: the kale did you run out of spinach or was that by choice? I ended up using some beet tops to supplement my spinach because it's ridiculous how little spinach you end up with when sauteed and I wasn't sure I had enough - it also turned the bechamel a pale shade of pink, lol :D

If there's any left tomorrow (lol good one) make sure to try at least a couple slices of fried lasagna when you reheat it (http://www.seriouseats.com/2014/11/best-way-to-reheat-lasagna-food-lab.html)

Beetroot-stained white (well, pink:p) sauce sounds interesting. Might be something to try next time.

The kale was just a side dish really. Mostly to give my tastebuds a break from something that was at least 90% cheese :p The amount of spinach/ricotta mix didn't look like that much and was a pita to work with (it was like spreading out playdough or something) but the end result seemed to be about the right ratio.

Yep, balsamic glaze. Absolutely love the stuff! I use it on pretty much all my salads.

Nice lasagne! Are you sure you didn't pluck some leaves from the garden and add them in? :confused: :p

It reminds me of spinach and ricotta cannelloni, might try making some one day.

Balsamic is awesome - my favourite thing on salad too :)

I'm not sure if I'd want to add many leaves from my garden given how often my cats "fertilise" the place :eek:

I actually thought about cannelloni and stuffed pasta a lot whilst I was making this. It's something I want to try though rolling pasta thin enough might be a bit painful...

Associate
Are there any particular mince dishes from your part of the world that you make a lot of? If they're as nice-looking as the pulla/etc I'd love to see them/a recipe :)

There is a lot but I dont think they are very exciting! :D Mainly they are things like soups, meatballs and cassaroles. I will add the food pictures and what it is if I go with any traditional food this week :)

Associate
Meatballs with mash and some gravy. So yummy!
P1260306.JPG

Man of Honour
I love teriyaki salmon. Make me some too!

I kind of forgot that I have dough I should use up really but I may just leave it in the fridge another day and get some tasty salmon...

Feeling a bit rough this morning (really need to cut back on the "just one beer" in the evenings) so ended up getting unhealthy breakfast food. I guess it's motivation for the turbo trainer and gym later.

What did you do yesterday that made MFP think you'd burnt 2000 kcal btw? :)

Soldato
I had Veal with mushrooms and sweet potato rosti last night. Was taaaasty.

I had some lovely overnight oats again for breakfast. Love them

10953575_1413837058909213_421579698_n.jpg

Don't think I've already posted this, but the weekend I had:

10914553_973336402711470_884015780_n.jpg

Pork with cauliflower and cheese bites (damn good).

10787771_608741305893449_892982971_n.jpg

Protein breakfast. Scrambled 1 egg, fried another in coconut oil, 3 rashers of bacon and a wholegrain muffin. Smasher.

10891018_612456562217017_1786845468_n.jpg

Homemade turkey meatballs with tomato and basil sauce with zoodles. Cracker and lean.

10895368_1392385837732829_947840085_n.jpg

Salmon cooked in coconut oil. With all the veg.

10890557_1548591442094608_655453659_n.jpg

Homemade turkey and chickpea curry with broccoli served with cauliflower fried rice. Looks a bit all brown as a whole, but tasty as you like and packs in 589kcal with 50.7g of protein in that plate.

That's me up to date :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom