The **Now Eating** Thread

That steak looks so good. I didnt have time for lunch today but I also dont want to eat now as its close to dinner time. Prawn pasta today :)
edit// Just remembered friend of mine gave me these today so now I'm eating them! Sadly its only small box
2015-01-23%2015.52.59.jpg

I have a friend with Finnish relatives that is absolutely obsessed with this stuff. He got a giant crate of that exact brand this last Christmas :)

I have a friend with Finnish relatives that is absolutely obsessed with this stuff. He got a giant crate of that exact brand this last Christmas :)

I brought some with me after christmas but that didnt last very long haha. That little box is now empty too. Its so good and I wish I could just get it from here :( same with proper soft liquorice. There is some panda ones in sainsburys but its so expensive!!

It's that day of the week folks! Mouth is currently on FIRE :eek:
Medium Papa Johns 'The Mexican' with double Italian Style Sausage, and Spicy Beef. They took a bloomin hour to deliver this and it isn't the best in terms of presentation to my usual orders. Great meaty taste though with a strong kick!

IMG_2720.jpg

Maybe a little :p Still looks nice though.

@Kainz - I recommend you try out the hot pepper passion. When I give in to the temptation for PJs I order that (and often add meat to it too...).
Arr! I was eyeing that up before I opted for The Mexican. Will give it a shot next time for sure. I always like my pizza's with a good bit of meat on them and something for a fiery kick.

its a friday evening and they are still doing 50% off Pizza's,
your lucky to get it within an hour tbh :o
Ah good point there, hence my partially mangled pizza!

Grim!

I love cottage cheese, particularly with jam or pineapple and crumble digestives but I tried PB&J once and even for me it was tough to finish :p

<3 Choc-tastic are like giant bourbons :cool:

To be honest it was one of those that seemed a good idea at the time. Won't be doing it again as the textures (not surprised really) just don't work together.

Going to try cottage cheese and banana tomorrow though and see how that goes. Just plain for tonight though.

Just had lunch.. well 2 hours of lunch..

Fondue ... horse with chips with hot pepper mayo on the side. All washed down by 3 monts beer.. mon dieu!

It does look damn good. What's the dealio with the chips? They also look awesome.

They're pretty simple. Put them in the deep fryer at around 135C after they had been sitting in water for an hour or so.

Leave them in there until they are cooked through.

Take them out and let them cool down and pat off the excess oil.

Turn the fryer all the way up, mine goes to around 200C, drop the chips in until golden and crispy!

Cooking lasagne from scratch (apart from the pasta sheets :p) tonight. Question, do you boil the sheets before you layer it or just layer it with them raw then let them cook in the oven? There seem to be two camps.

Also baking a couple of Bara Brith loaves out of Paul Hollywood's new book tomorrow. High carb and low fat. Great for refuelling after my long runs! :D

Have ordered a Papa johns, first thing i will eat since friday morning, going to be licking the box at this rate :p

Got a 50% off over £15 spend if anyone wants to try it!

So after seeing couple steak pictures here I really fancied a steak. So today when we went shopping I bought steaks from lidl and thought it might not turn that great for a little over £3 a steak but decided to give it a go.

Here it is, served with dauphinoise (with some onion in there too), boiled veg, tomato and red wine jus (little on top of steak, rest is hiding under it).
P1240190.JPG

I cooked mine medium rare and then medium well for my partner (I have only just talked him into having at least a bit of pink in the middle). It was so tender and good. I tried the bits my partner left (he can't stand any fatty bits) and even those were very tender and tasty. I'm pleasantly surprised!

And the bottle of red we got for christmas is quite nice too :D

Back
Top Bottom