The **Now Eating** Thread

Man of Honour
Home made chilli beef ramen. Chicken stock (home made), trotter gear, sambal oelek, various spices and such, mushroom, white and green onion, chillies, beansprouts, beef flank sashimi (cooks in the broth) and finally ramen of course :)

Need to dial back the heat a little as it overpowered the flavours somewhat. Still very tasty though.

NYasEAo.jpg

edit: Really bad picture, apologies :p

Last edited:
Soldato
10860037_209105775926381_867060038_n.jpg

Man of Honour
As we don't have an instant and moment thread.
Anyone use frozen fish fillets?
I got a bag to try tomorrow, they say to poach or roast from frozen, however I want to pan fry, anyone tried? and is it best to fry on a low heat so it defrost whilst cooking, or defrost before cooking?

Man of Honour
Thanks, will give it a go. Never used plain frozen fish fillets before, see how I get on.
Got some basal and going to do blackened catfish with it.

Just had spicy pork steaks and mustard coleslaw. Stuffed, that was a lot of pork.

Soldato
As we don't have an instant and moment thread.
Anyone use frozen fish fillets?
I got a bag to try tomorrow, they say to poach or roast from frozen, however I want to pan fry, anyone tried? and is it best to fry on a low heat so it defrost whilst cooking, or defrost before cooking?
I use frozen salmon fillets about once/twice a week. Lightly season them and them throw one or two into a foil parcel, then cook it nice and slow for about 40mins. Comes out nice and tender. Never tried frying them though...

Soldato
After a 2 month of diet.. I have a free licence friday - been looking forward to it.. local Fish and Chips.. only another day togo...

Man of Honour
^^ fish n chips? FISH N CHIPS?
after a 2 month diet id be picking up a large bigmac meal + double cheese burger while i wait to collect my large stuffed crust dominos :eek:

Man of Honour
I want fish and chips :( but the closest and best chip shop closed down. No idea why, no sign, not for sale. Just closed doors 4 or so months ago.
And all the other ones in this area suck.

Struggling today, so upped my calories to have some decent amount of food for today. Should still burn about 200 calories more than I eat. But better than going totally off the rails.
Had salted caramel ice cream, and will have hot dogs for dinner tonight.

Back
Top Bottom