The **Now Eating** Thread

Man of Honour
I don't mind a tomato chutney (not ketchup) but I prefer to have my tomatoes on the side. It doesn't help that places that sell burgers usually stick really tasteless/grainy tomato varieties in their burgers too.

Man of Honour
Thanks! I can confirm it will be Big Tasty, Quarter Pounder Deluxe and Creme Egg McFlurry...

ive just seen the pdf relating to the 'golden chances' monopoly game starting the 18th of this month, they have the Big Tasty listed but no mention of the 1/4lb'r deluxe? :(
i hope they do it.. i love the mayo/tommy K combination, thats why ive had quite a few of the 'Grand' burgers :D

Man of Honour
Chicken breast in Nando's hot peri-peri dry rub, red pepper & onion + mayo

UFoh7Nu.jpg

Soldato
Just smashed it, a little sprinkling of breadcrumbs for a bit of crunch on the beans

Love this dish, could eat it every night!

12bb8247-9a29-4b0c-aa2e-24cb73f61638_zpsfmpfzelw.jpg

Made a quick loaf to mop up with too
9c99be3a-5472-42b1-b77d-2b5f3dfcbedc_zpssmcvfeur.jpg

Soldato
Got a recipe lego? Sounds really nice and I've never had it.

I use use a simple recipe

4 duck legs
4 pork Sausages
1/2 cup lardons / smoked bacon
2 carrots chopped
2 Celery stalks chopped
1 onion chopped
5 garlic cloves sliced
2 TBSP tomato Puree
1 Tin Chopped toms
1 Tin haricot/cannelloni beans (I went 1/2 n 1/2)
1/2 tsp cayenne
2 tsp paprika
2 bay leaf
2 sprigs thyme
salt n pepper to taste

Heavy bottom frying pan glug of oil high heat and brown duck legs (skin side first), move these to a large casserole, reduce heat and brown sausages and bacon (I cut the sausages in half then brown the cuts). place these on top of duck legs.

Pour out a some of the oil, add veg / garlic and soften for 10 mins

Add tomato puree / tomatoes and bring to boil, add spices and cook through

add 2 cups of water and bring to boil

Pour this into the casserole, add the bay leaf and thyme. And cover

Place in preheated oven at 160(ish) for hour and half(ish)

Add beans and cook for a further hour covered. If a little dry add a splash more water.

I allow it to cool and rewarm (top with breadcrumbs)

With regards to seasoning, I tend to do it bit by bit as I add things. However if your going to use a stock instead of water, i would advise seasoning the meat, then checking it just before you ass the beans.

Feel free to add / change what you like to your tastes, theres no wrong way to do it.

Only thing I will add, make sure you legs have the skin on and you brown them well, after a few hours cooking it's only the skin that holds them together.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom