The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
i wish my local Kebab house was a good one as they are only 4 doors away from my front door!
but ive only ever had food from there a handful of times, even though ive lived here for 15 years..
expensive, small portions, and pretty nasty tasting donner meat :(

Quick survey on kebabs... When I go for a Donner at my local kebab place, they give the individual ingredients in separate plastic boxes, i.e. meat in one box, salad in another, pitta bread in a paper bag, chilli sauce in a pot. Basically, if I want a proper donner I make to assemble it myself when I get home.

Is this standard practice these days, or is it just my kebab place are right lazy sods?

Associate
Quick survey on kebabs... When I go for a Donner at my local kebab place, they give the individual ingredients in separate plastic boxes, i.e. meat in one box, salad in another, pitta bread in a paper bag, chilli sauce in a pot. Basically, if I want a proper donner I make to assemble it myself when I get home.

Is this standard practice these days, or is it just my kebab place are right lazy sods?

Kebabs in England are a weird one. I've had that before, but also generally I find the doner meat is dried out and gristle.

What I have found most England doner meat to be like:
http://i.imgur.com/w0Sc6lX.jpg

What I usually expect from Belfast:
http://i.imgur.com/Nd5Azs9.jpg

Light in color, thick meaty look, zero holes or white blots of gristle/hard fat.

If you're ever in Belfast, go to Gilgamesh on the Malone Road and sample what proper doner meat tastes like. The guy is so confident in his quality, he'll give you a sample when you order, just out of the blue. His balls must be massive.

Other noteworthy places are Kebab House, Istanbul and Tikka Tikka. But avoid Kebabish like the plague.

Man of Honour

all the Kebab shops ive used round here load everything straight into the Pitta
so they need to be eaten straight away or the bread just ends up a soggy greesy mess :/

Soldato
From earlier

IMG_1624.jpg

Sometimes the simple things taste great. I love jacket potato with cheese and beans.

For lunch today a baguette with venison steak, Camembert de Normandie and redcurrant jelly.

IMG_20150322_125806_zpsjtoul4ok.jpg

Man of Honour
Well £5.89 if I'm being precise lol, same price for most of the large meals in my nearest one, only cheap one is a chicken sandwich meal which is £5 for a large!

bit of a crap pic but heres some prices at my local
(£2.69/£4.19/£4.59)
5oOp8fB.png

chicken nugget price is a bit strange though, £2.69 for 6, £2.79 for 9, they have been that price for a while so i dont think its a mistake

Last edited:
Soldato
bit of a crap pic but heres some prices at my local
(£2.69/£4.19/£4.59)
5oOp8fB.png

chicken nugget price is a bit strange though, £2.69 for 6, £2.79 for 9, they have been that price for a while so i dont think its a mistake

That's roughly the same price as ours, but if you go large, it's over £5.50 depending on what you have :(

Lucky i got one of those cards. :)

Soldato
Rustled up some Mac & Cheese from the Pitt Cue book. There was a tonne of faffing around making the Bacon rub and if I did it again, I'd probably leave the bacon out of it and use less strong cheese, it can be a bit overpowering, but it turned out alright.

FssrZMk.jpg

Back
Top Bottom