The **Now Eating** Thread

BennyC can you explain the reason behind your diet?

There's no 'reason' behind the way I eat other than eating to achieve my goals with as little restriction as possible.

I'm moderately active powerlifting/bodybuilding 3 times a week and in the last few months have just started road cycling.

I eat to my bodies requirements in terms of protein/carbs/fat and exercise a 80/20 rule in relation to wholefood/processed food. I don't 'binge' or 'gorge' on food in dysfunctional cycles. If I want something, I fit it in to my daily allowance. Somethings just wont fit though, not in the amounts I would like and you just have to accept that (or increase expenditure to account for it - but that's not really a healthy approach).

I have a sweet tooth, but holy crap man, how do you eat so much sugar? :D

No risk of diabetes?

The sugar content of my foods is not as high as it might seem. in the last 30 days I have averaged 150g of sugar with 1/3rd of this from naturally occurring sources fruit (apples, bananas, strawberries, apricots). Most of my meals are typically *shudder* 'clean' but not exciting so don't get shown.

My fiber intake average over the last 30 days is 50g. (For what it's worth my bloods, cholesterol and blood pressure are all perfectly fine/very healthy).

My diet is well balanced and promotes a healthy relationship with food. As I understand providing an adequate fiber intake is present then higher than usual sugar intake shouldn't be a concern.

Last edited:
2mo5wzd.jpg

Got 3 days off work. Got something I've not tried before to celebrate. A chicken tikka calzone. Love it! :D

we can close this thread now, Craig just won it :o

Man that was amazing. Anyone trying to lower crabs.
Aubergine "noodles". Thinly slice into noodle like lengths then fry for a few minutes. Need an extremely good non stick pan. Otherwise you'll use loads of oil.

Had that with Bolognese, and it was amazing. Not really like noodles. Probably better, aubergine tastes amazing and it held the sauce.

Hadn't intended to have takeaway two days in a row, but the powers that be wanted curry. So we got a curry meal deal. Any 3 curries, vegetable pakora, chicken pakora, poppadoms, spiced onions, 2 fried rices and a naan for £21. Bargain!

144cz2u.jpg

My share of the pakora. Could have had more, but didn't want to fill up too much and leave no room for the main.

21dg360.jpg

Buttered chicken tikka masala and fried rice. Nom nom!

Back
Top Bottom