The **Now Eating** Thread

Yep it's often overlooked in most peoples diets and particularly with individuals that embark on IIFYM on the misconception anything goes.

Maintaining a sufficient fiber intake 10-15g+ per 1000calories forces fruits, vegetables, beans/pulses and other wholefood fiber sources in to your diet.

It's especially important if you want to consume a moderate to high sugar intake fairly frequently for the reasons FF listed and also general gut & digestive health.

Tbh I've never seen the point of eating for the sake of it, so I don't. At a weekend if I'm not hungry I won't eat until I am, occasionally 3,4,5PM if I'm really busy. This isn't so I can fit a load of junk in but purely because I just don't feel the need to eat. I still hit my calorie requirement for the day but obviously in one much larger sitting.

I can exercise/train/ride fasted quite happily but as you would expect after about 90 minutes start to feel the need to consume something.

I love food too :D but always found constant grazing and small regular meals to 'stoke the metabolic fire' myth (lolololol) left me unsatisfied and with a tenancy to over consume calories without satisfaction. IF means I'm not over eating, enjoy the effects of satiety and can be much more flexible and social with my nutritional approach. It's not for everyone though. :)

My fibre intake is not crazy low but it certainly could be higher. I guess I'll make more of an effort to get some high-fibre foods in with my main meals/snacks.

I can imagine that having a large meal keeps you satiated for much longer but it would take a lot of effort to train myself to last that long without eating I think :p

Yeah I prefer eating when I'm hungry - which is about 3-4x a day. Force feeding yourself to fit some sort of metabolic myth is daft, that said if you find it easier to eat smaller meals (which generally are easier to digest) then do that - if you want you can eat all your calories in one meal and fast for the rest of the time - many animals do that with no issues, but it takes some getting used to and discipline as it is so easy for humans to get food.

Getting a balanced meal with protein, fibre, fat and carbs is always the thing that people ignore and think that protein alone, will be fine (atkins et al.) it's not a healthy way to live.

I try to maintain fairly decent macros and most of my intake comes from healthy sources. As I mentioned a few pages back though, I often go too high on protein (140-180) and fat (60-100). I tend to have a mild appetite pretty much all the time so I'm more likely to have lots of snacks/small meals than one massive one (though sometimes I'll snack lots and still have a massive meal :p).

this thread has morphed a bit in recent months/weeks

Yeah, I guess some of the discussion has been slightly off topic though it's mostly been sparked by responses to Benny's food mountain posts :)

The global market is baaaack! :D

qrka44.jpg

Provencal potatoes! Om nom nom! So gooooood! :)

210njnl.jpg

And another of my favourites, dutch pancakes, topped with toffee and cream. Lush!

11me0le.jpg

And I got some stuff to bring home, like tomato, olive and walnut loaves. Love French bread! :)

^ Tis a thing of beauty! That cheese looks perfect! *licks screen*

zlf0v8.jpg

A big slice of red velvet cake from the market, topped with cream.

EDIT: First time trying this. Didn't really like it. Has a weird flavour. Ended up binning half of it.

Last edited:
When I've has Reese's peanut butter cups I have enjoyed them I must admit. Very moreish!

Reese's stuff is amazing. I need to get hold of one of those eggs.

B&M have the big 195-200g blocks/bars for £1.99, you can find them in major supermarkets as well but not as cheap. I'd buy this over the egg tbh. The white cups are also epic too at 50p a pack.

The smaller size minatures and mini's are also great. I've got chips for baking with too :cool:

I don't have it often but it never disappoints.

HmX7rt0l.jpg

Last edited:
B&M have the big 195-200g blocks/bars for £1.99, you can find them in major supermarkets as well but not as cheap. I'd buy this over the egg tbh. The white cups are also epic too at 50p a pack.

The smaller size minatures and mini's are also great. I've got chips for baking with too :cool:

I don't have it often but it never disappoints.

HmX7rt0l.jpg

Awesome. It's not too hard to get to a B&M for me but it is in a crappy bit of Stockport so I'll probably need to buy another 4 or 5 bike locks before I go there :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom