The **Now Eating** Thread

lol I confess that I was surprised upon checking it out. Double pepperoni was lovely but the sausage & pepperoni end didn't taste right. *goes to lie down*

Repta, that looks awesome! How long did it take for the base?

Couple hours for the dough to rise, rolled it out and put it under the grill for 4 mins. Flipped it over, out toppings on and into oven for 5 mins. Grilling the base first is the only way ive managed to get a crispy base so far.

i have a confession to make, today, yesterday and the day before, i had a new york classic burger from muccy d's for lunch, and im probably going to have another every day untill tuesday when they stop selling them :o
best burger muccy's have ever made imo, but only available for 1 week a year :mad:

i have a confession to make, today, yesterday and the day before, i had a new york classic burger from muccy d's for lunch, and im probably going to have another every day untill tuesday when they stop selling them :o
best burger muccy's have ever made imo, but only available for 1 week a year :mad:

I shall be partaking tomorrow. PJ's tonight maybe.

Cainer, do you think we should do a joint campaign to bring the 1955 burger back or didn't you like that one?

Last edited:
I liked the sound of it from cainer's description but...

The patty is very big on the 1955 burger and I can see why it would weigh-in at 660 calories. It was bordering on dry but there was a slight taste of beef and overall had no major complaints. The bacon on board was a bit of a sad state. It looked dwarfed sat on top of the patty below and I wondered if I had been short changed in the bacon department.

:eek:

burgers are all about the sauce(s) as that makes up the main flavour when it comes to fast food burgers
i dont think anyone ever has tasted beef when eating a bigmac due to the tartness of the bigmac special sauce

Fair point I guess - I still can't say I'd be happy with any burger where it was described as having a "slight beef flavour" though. At least for anything that wasn't a McD's double cheeseburger (which I have a soft spot for sometimes). The burgers I made tonight I found a bit blah due to this exact issue - supermarket mince that meant that the burgers were lacking in beef "punch".

I guess I was just surprised by him using those words in a positive light rather than a negative.

remember that review is just one random guys take on it
muccys can be a bit hit n miss depending on who made the burger and how long its been sat on the heater

good job your local Maccy D's doesn't have this yet :D

Back
Top Bottom