The **Now Eating** Thread

Tonight's dinner - Red Chilli Lamb from Rick Stein's excellent "India" book. Not the best one I've made from the book but still tasty and pretty simple. Not as hot as I thought it would be considering there are 25 Kashmiri chillis in it (4 Stan portions or 6-8 normal portions). Hot but not overly hot.
I'm slowly working my way through the book :p

S4vrsv4.jpg

Should've got a pic but...heyho. Home made chili (this recipe). I doubled the chilli content and managed to forget the espresso though. I also had a ton of peppers to use up so I added green at the start and some red at the very end. Pretty damn tasty even if it was a bit of a Frankenstein meal.

2s7yqsp.jpg

Chicken tikka hoagie. God damn that was GOOD!

Fairly good pizza tonight. Knocked up the dough (so to speak) at lunch and let it autolyse for a few hours then when I got home from work knocked it down and gave it a very quick knead.

Toppings were: chorizo, chillies, caramelised onions, thick-cut sautéed chestnut mushrooms, rocket and parmesan. Not exactly a regular pizza but pretty damn tasty, filling and relatively low in kcal (less than 800 for the whole lot).

Bad points: Obviously a cold-fermented dough would've been better but it turned out okay. Sadly too much flour got on it whilst stretching it though, hence the paleness in parts. The leopard-spotting on the bottom was pretty good despite this however.

fcWufmm.jpg

lJLGuvI.jpg

Looking good, how you liking the pizza oven now you've had it a while?

Anyone know where you can get good korean kimichi from?

For Neapolitan style pizza it's pretty much impossible to beat without a proper wood-fired oven to be honest. I definitely rate it for that.

For your other question...I'm guessing you don't have any kind of Chinese supermarket nearby? That's where I go for such things, though I don't really rate regular kimchi compared to other pickled Korean stuff (e.g. radish).

Back
Top Bottom