The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
Looks good quality vs Wetherspons ... maybe golden days of british rail breakfast haven't gone, were kippers an option.

Is keyboardit safe - now have a strict covid like distancing rule for beverages, plus no parties, after one spill.

Soldato
Lunch today:

20220516-122037.png

20220516-122032-1.png

Grilled Bream, butterflied, deboned and stuffed with aromatics and homemade Thai green curry paste. Rice and stir-fried sesame/ginger pak choi.

Soldato
That and also the fish, never really garnish with fresh ginger on it's own, what most families do is they put the garnish on, heat some oil up really hot and then pour over it.

Plus the fish isn't deboned, and it's seldom stuffed.

It does look good fantastic though.

Hah, that's fair. I wasn't quite going for authentic though.

We're doing "Fish Fridays" at work atm, doing 5 different fish-based specials each week and having 6-7 portions of each. When they sell out they don't come back.

I wanted to see how easy it would be to completely debone it, customers don't like choking on them :D

Caporegime
Hah, that's fair. I wasn't quite going for authentic though.

We're doing "Fish Fridays" at work atm, doing 5 different fish-based specials each week and having 6-7 portions of each. When they sell out they don't come back.

I wanted to see how easy it would be to completely debone it, customers don't like choking on them :D

That's fair enough and yes, the western palette means no bones..

There is a type of Japanese fish, they grill it on a skewer whole, you eat it whole, bones and all. Meant to be really tasty.

Soldato
That's fair enough and yes, the western palette means no bones..

There is a type of Japanese fish, they grill it on a skewer whole, you eat it whole, bones and all. Meant to be really tasty.

Yeah, gotta be careful as people can be finicky. The biggest thing you can get away with having bones is whitebait, which is actually one of the dishes this Friday with a chilli jam aioli.

100% recommend making the aioli, it's awesome with anything fried.

Permabanned
Same here, it winds me up. I’ve only got 5 icons and I hide them anyway. I use wallpaper engine and icons just ruin it
Stardock fences ftw. You can have drop down menus which hide away your Icons. I sort them into groups at the top of the desktop. Nothing cluttered and a nice clean look.

Anyway, keeping on topic; just had a lovely Bakewell Tart and ice cold can of Lemon Sanpellegrino.

Soldato
I worked with someone that filled up two monitor screens with things to do and to check later. It got to the point where I considered beating him the death with one of the monitors.

Back
Top Bottom